Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If called by CIC would the applicant get Reimbursement of TA etc

If called by CIC would the applicant get Reimbursement of TA etc

Members and Experts,

In a thread , one of our Jr Member has raised an Imp issue (FAQ) that if CIC or any other RTI Official calls or summons any applicant to the attend any hearing etc ....Is that called or summoned APPLICANt Reimbursed TA or DA i.e Travel Allowance or expenses incurred...

Plz do reply to this imp FAQ or RTI Query

After all Money matterssss Freinds

› Find content similar to: If called by CIC would the applicant get Reimbursement of TA etc

Mpai, Karira, Ganpat, Kushal Sir and all other respected member ....I am expecting an reply ....

Dear R/ Mpai, Kushal Sir, Karira, Ganpat....

Pl Reply .....

I am my self puzzled seraching the answer to this in ACT and FAQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If called by CIC would the applicant get Reimbursement of TA etc

Dear Abhinav

I do join you to request them for a reply.

I have started a thread to debate the issue whether a token or near actual and easily justifiable compensation amount (u/s 19 (8) (b) ) should be mention under "Prayer & Relief Sought" and the justification of such claim in " Grounds...." portion of the standard appeal format.

Hi Basu

I am sure we would find the answer

For me HALF KNOWLEDGE In dangerous

Hope all of us get a perfect one

And I appreciate you joined the thread

Now we are 11 i.e. 1+1=11

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Though I am not a legal expert, let me try to put across my views: The powers given to CIC in Section 18(3)(a) viz., "summoning and enforcing the attendence of persons and compel them to give oral or written evidence on oath and to produce the documents or things ", to my mind ,become applicable to Respondents viz., SPIO/AA in this case or attendence of any witness the attendance of whom CIC deemed necessary. Filing an application under RTI Act and its appeals does not at any stage compel an applicant to attend the hearing or even answer letter of the CIC. In such cases where the applicant does not attend when called for or does not even reply, CIC the maximum injury that can be inflicted on an appellant is dismissal of his appeal of an ex-partee decision. No one can do any sort of compulsion to an appellant in RTI case. In civil cases also the Appellant is not summoned by the court In the case of civil courts the date of hearings are fixed and when the appellant abstain on the date of hearing his petetion is dismissed or decided expartee. The position of Respondent or a witness is different. They can be compelled to attend. In normal cases when the court summon a witness the witness is entitled for certain "Batha" from the court because he is attending the hearing at the instance of the court for the court/Strate and not for himself. I think the same provision is applicable in RTI Cases also. The civil court does not summon the appellant and the CIC also cannot summon the appellant. So, under the RTI Act or under the Code of Civil Procedure 1908, there is no provision or requirement of summoning an appellant. I think that the word " persons " used in Section 18(3)(a) does not imply the Appellant as there is no requirement of summoning an appellant at any stage. Naturally the appellant cannot demand or entitled for the expenses incurred by him as he is attending the hearing for his own interest only and not for the interest of the state.

May be correct ?

As even I opine that One may get compensations if any , but not Travel Allownaces etc to attend any RTI hearing..

But the only point that is haunting is "IF called or summoned by CIC or any RTI office itself"...Thn What ?

Let await further responses

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I think Ishould come out more openly. According to me, the AA or CIC has absolutely no powers to summon an Appellant. The " person" referred to in Section 18(3)(A) and CPC pertain to Respondents/Defendants and other witness only.The Appellant is at liberty to ignore such orders or summons. The maximum damage theCIC can do is to dismiss the Appeal or decide the case ex-paree. It become Appellants interest to defend his case. If he want to defend he has to attend. No one will compell him to atend or file an application. The choice is purely his own. If he is atending the hearing for his own benefit and choice why should the state pay him ?There isno provision in any of the laws where the Appellant is paidd his expenses. Of cour ce Government servants travelling on duty is different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    If he want to defend he has to attend. No one will compell him to atend or file an application. The choice is purely his own. If he is atending the hearing for his own benefit and choice why should the state pay him ?There isno provision in any of the laws where the Appellant is paidd his expenses. Of cour ce Government servants travelling on duty is different.
    Your are absolutely right Col Kurup. In most cases, folks tend to forget that it the information that one is seeking and not fight with the Public Authority. I feel its far better to get information at the application stage itself. If not, the 1st Appeal should be filed. As far as possible, most communications should be carried out with the AA (with a cc to the PIO) before going in for the 2nd Appeal. One thing I like about 1st Appeals is that, this is one place where one can get the maximum information.

I really don't prefer to file a 2nd Appeal and am compelled to do so, only if the need for the information is very important.

Hope you folks get the point. Priority should be in gaining information and streamlining the process, instead of fighting it out.

Manoj

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android