Topic Identifier

Thread: Unfixed Photocopy And Cd Amt Used To Delay Info By Officials

1. Unfixed Photocopy And Cd Amt Used To Delay Info By Officials

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    DEAR RT- INFORMATICIANS,

When ever we ask for information under RTI quite often we don’t know the amount to be deposited for the photocopies. This is because none is aware of number of pages that the asked information would contain.
    <o:p></o:p>
    But it is seen in various cases that information is delayed by Govt officials in the Name of “No deposition or less deposition of Photocopy amount by the applicant”

How to tackle this official alibi or cover taken by the officials
    How to asses the number of pages that the asked information would contain
    And more particularly how to tackle the underneath point in RTI Application
    2. I need the photocopy of the documents and I had deposited the cost of the<o:p></o:p>
    photocopy of Rs. ____/- for _____ (Number of Pages)<o:p></o:p>
    or<o:p></o:p>
    NOTE SIMILAR COVER is taken for CD amount deposite <o:p></o:p>
    3. I had deposited sum of Rs. _____/- for the charges of CD. (strike out which ever<o:p></o:p>
    is not applicable)<o:p></o:p>
    SO MY QUERRY IS HOW TO DEAL THEM

IF THERE IS SMARTNESS THERE IS OVERSMARTNESS TOO
    ...ABHINAV

2. Re: Unfixed Photocopy And Cd Amt Used To Delay Info By Officials

It is the PIO who would inform about the number of photocopy charges to be deposited separately after your application. If you are sure about the number of pages, than based upon the RTI template we have provided at rtiindia.info, you can deposit the fees for expediting the process.

Also remember that the time from which the PIO ask for the deposition of photocopy charges, that time is excluded from the 30 days cut off period.

3. Re: Unfixed Photocopy And Cd Amt Used To Delay Info By Officials

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Bohare View Post
    This is because none is aware of number of pages that the asked information would contain.
    In addition to what Kushal has posted, why dont you insist on inspection of documents before making the payment. This should solve the problem.

Manoj

4. Re: Unfixed Photocopy And Cd Amt Used To Delay Info By Officials

Thats it...Thanks

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Unfixed Photocopy And Cd Amt Used To Delay Info By Officials

Abhinav,

1. If you ask for information and do not know how many copies, what costs etc, will the PIO levy,
    please include the following in your last para of the application;

"I am willing to pay whatever charges are levied for obtaining the above information requested by me,
    if I am informed by the PIO in writing with a reasoned order as per Section 7(3)(a) of the RTI Act 2005"

2. If you are inspecting a file and do not know how many copies you will take, then word the last para of
    your application as follows:

"During the inspection of the file/documents, as per my above application under RTI Act 2005, I might like
    to take photocopies or certified copies of certain pages/file notes/documents.etc. For this purpose, I am
    willing to pay the charges as specified under the Rule.........(quote the relevant rule of your state or the
    centre)"

This will cover all eventualities and will not allow anyone to be smart or oversmart.
    Last edited by karira; 08-09-07 at 07:30 PM.

harshitp Guest

Re: Unfixed Photocopy And Cd Amt Used To Delay Info By Officials

My Uncle faced same problem recently . Infact I am here but for one reason that I may support my Uncle's RTI casue. I would inform him tommmorrow and he would be delighted to know what you all have advised.

I thank the thread initiator and All of you. I am so happy that this site is more than data entry

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android