Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bpl Rti Applicant: What Are The Advantages

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries

Re: Bpl Rti Applicant: What Are The Advantages

Antyoday Anna Yojana enables the poorer of the poor to get food at rates cheaper than those applicable to BPL card holder, thru PDS system

it is issued by Dept of food and public distribution. How, by what criterion, I am not aware. The website is 'awaiting content'.

Thank U so much Sir once again.
    Lakshmi

What needs to have a BPL Card & by whom they are got? Please describe widely.

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries

Your query is not clear. I assume you want to know who issues a BPL card.

Usually, local gram panchayat or municipality issues this card. In many states, the food supply department (राशन विभाग ) also issues BPL card.

You will have to check locally what proof is required for getting such card.

Thank U sir. Since I am dealing with RTI applications, I wanted to know the validity of a BPL Cert. and the terms & conditions on which a BPL cert. is issued. Some certificates are more than 20 yrs. old. Definately their financial condition would have improved by now.

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi iyer View Post
    Since I am dealing with RTI applications, I wanted to know the validity of a BPL Cert. and the terms & conditions on which a BPL cert. is issued.
    If you a are an information officer for a PA under Government of Maharashtra, just go by the specific GR issued by GoM. The GR reference is केमाअ-२००६/प्र.क्र.७/०६/पाच, सामान्य प्रशासन विभाग दिनांक २० जुन २००६.

It basically says that BPL certificates are issued by Gram Panchayats, municipalities, municipal corporations, by using relevent criterions. In addition to htese, the civil supplies dept issues BPL ration cards (popular term "Yellow ration card") or Antyodaya cards. All these documents are valid, and copy of any of these proofs should be sufficient to prove BPL status of RTI applicant.

Do not presume that the economic condition would have improved over 20 years. Just go by the valid card.

Even if your PA is under central government rules, you can follow the same guidelines, though I am not aware of a specific GR clarifying this issue

What should need to issue a BPL Card from Nagar Nigam Ghaziabad. Nagar Nigam Ghaziabad has created a formated Application form. But I want to know that what will they ask for any sort/ type of proof like Affidavit or any other.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android