Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bpl Rti Applicant: What Are The Advantages

Bpl Rti Applicant: What Are The Advantages

DEAR RT-INFORMATICIANS

THERE IS A CLAUSE WHILE SUBMITTING APPLICAITON I.E.

4. That I belong to Category of Below Poverty Line (BPL): Yes / No
    (Strike whichever is not applicable). If yes, I am attaching the valid photocopy of
    the certificate. Yes / No

CAN WE PLEASE ELOBRATE THAT HOW DOES BEING A BPL HELP ANY RTI APPLICANT

ADVANTEGES LIKE

1. FEES EXEMPTION ETC

DISADVANTAGES LIKE

1. GOVT OFFICIAL KNOW THAT THE APPLICANT IS BPL AND SO ALSO LAREGLY "EXPLOITABLE"

AWAITING REPLY

THNX

› Find content similar to: Bpl Rti Applicant: What Are The Advantages

Re: Bpl Rti Applicant: What Are The Advantages

Official treat U is a different way..Like we all know that "resourceful persons" enjoy previlages in getting work done.In contrary "UNresourceful people face various problems".And further think of BPL, they are the most vulnerable.So by giving an option of fees exemption 30-40 Rs is saved but V have exposed them to further vulnerablity, dependence on NGOs, exploitation etc.
    Its not confronting any of your point Debashis but try to understand my point SOCIALLY and SYMPATHICALLY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Bohare View Post

1. GOVT OFFICIAL KNOW THAT THE APPLICANT IS BPL AND SO ALSO LAREGLY "EXPLOITABLE"
    In any case the Govt. Official will always know that the applicant is BPL. In most cases such applicants are illiterate, their application would have been drafted by somebody else, their address (basti, villate etc) would itself be another give away.

The main object was to encourage them to fight for their rights. Most people belonging to BPL find it difficult even to buy a post card. This clause within the RTI Act would encourage them to ask questions on their pending dues, malpractices, human rights etc. Even if just 2% of such people raise their voice, Indian would be in a far better country. (Yes, I know a few BPL cards are bogus and being misused.)

Manoj

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I think that the proviso to Section 7(5) excusing persons below poverty lines apart from its stipulated benefit was intended to convey the liberal and People-friendly character of this Act. It proclaims loud and clear that poverty is defenitely not an obstruction in availing the benefits envisaged in the RTI Act. To be frank, the bureaucrates are more scared of BPL persons. They know very well that if at all any BPL person approach for information,claiming as BPL, there are chances that it might be a trap set by some Activists. I don't think by showing one as BPL one is expossing himself for exploration.
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 31-08-07 at 03:27 PM.

Good comment Colonel Sir...

Let them coming

Name:
    lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can U please confirm as to what is the criteria to determine that a person is BPL. What are the documents to be submitted as a valid proof of BPL in Maharashtra? Is ration card a proof of BPL? Some applications are being received along with the ration card which is more that 15 years old. Normally that person must not be BPL now.

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The BPL Card or the Antyoday card should be conclusive proof.

On one hand, an old card is doubtful, because the person might have crossed over. But, on the other hand, to insist on 'latest' card is to effectively block many BPL people from applying.

And unless a very strongly motivated influence is active, like an NGO, a BPL card holder is not going to forgo BPL status easily.

Name:
    lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is this Antyoday card and by whom is it issued ?