Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Personal Appeal to Hon'ble President of India to remove "Inefficient" public servant

1. Re: Personal Appeal to Hon'ble President of India to remove "Inefficient" public servant

My response in the continuing discussion:

No. 1: What I know of CIC, CIC, New Delhi is that he is a nice person. A thorough gentleman. I have nothing against him. He might have done wonderful job as Chief Secretary, J&K or any other assignments earlier. The question is how effective is he as CIC during about two years after giving discount to the teething problems the nascent organisation faced initially on various fronts including working space / placement of manpower etc?

No. 2: My appeal to step down is a sincere appeal coming from the heart. I mean what I have requested.

No. 3: It is NOT a sarcastic remark.

No. 4 : In the words of well respected SCIC, GIC, Gandhinagar, Gujarat "RTI is a great leveler". (My message dated 19th June 2007 to CIC in this regard placed below)

No. 5: And, in RTI matter, the concept of Seniority / Juniority has no place.

------------------------------<wbr>---------

Chief Information Commissioner,
    Central Information Commission,
    New Delhi

Dear Sir,

Today, I have come across an excellent decision by GIC Gandhinagar on Content, Intent and the Entities which is enclosed for your kind information.

It provides superb clarity on ROLE TO BE PLAYED by the PIOs and FAAs.

Quote:

The RTI Act is great leveller. It does not differentiate the status of the person seeking information. Respondent No. 1 behaved only as Town Planning Officer in treating the appellant as "Black Listed Architect" forgetting his duty under the RTI Act 2005 to treat him only as a "Person" or a "Citizen".

Unquote:

I would add that the PIO / FAA may be at higher level in their own organisations as Superintending Engineer / Chief Engineer and the RTI appellant may be Junior Engineer

or

PIO / FAA may be at lower level in their own organisations as Deputy Engineer / Executive Engineer and the RTI appellant may be Chief Engineer but

PIOs / FAAs need to forget their designations while discharging their quasi-judicial duty under the RTI Act.

CIC may kindly consider putting this decision as "landmark decision" on the CIC website.

With kind regards,

(Vaghela B D),
    202 SARAP, OPP NAVJIVAN PRESS, OFF ASHRAM ROAD, AHMEDABAD - 380 014
    Ph - 079 2754 0128 / M - 94276 08632

2. Re: Personal Appeal to Hon'ble President of India to remove "Inefficient" public servant

Nothing but Self Appraisal is Imp on the 1st post you did...

Coz Kushal Sir, Ganpat, Col Kurup etc...these are unbaised and pro rti people....

Well Rest Is welcome and we appreciate your gesture

3. Re: Personal Appeal to Hon'ble President of India to remove "Inefficient" public servant

As we do not even intend to discuss this issue as told via PM categorically to all concerned, I am closing this thread.

Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android