Results 1 to 1 of 1
Views: 2005 | 22-09-06, 12:52 AM #1
Information cannot be divulged which would impede the process of investigation.
Central Information Commission
Decision No. 293 /IC(A)/2006
Dated, the 20th Sep., 2006
- Name of the Appellant : Shri V. Ramakrishnan, Dy. Commissioner of Central Excise-III, 121, Nangambakkam High Road, Chennai-600034.
- Name of the Public Authority : Directorate General of Vigilance, Customs & Central Excise, 1st & 2nd Floor, Hotel Samrat,Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021.
- The appellant had asked for certain information relating to investigations of a case. The CPIO provided a detailed reply and furnished partial information while the remaining information was denied u/s 8(1) (d) on the ground that the disclosure of information would impede the process of investigation.
- In view of the above, the CPIO has correctly applied exemption u/s 8(1)(h) of the Act.
- The appeal is accordingly dismissed.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
› Find content similar to: Information cannot be divulged which would impede the process of investigation.