Topic Identifier

Thread: essential tool of democratic participation: Prime Minister

1. essential tool of democratic participation: Prime Minister

The right to development in a way has been strengthened by the Right to Information Act. This act, enacted by our government, is one of the strongest such legislations in the world. It is also an essential tool of democratic participation, through which the boundaries of the “rights approach” to development can be further extended. It brings in transparency and accountability into the development process. The combination of the National Rural Employment Guarantee and the RTI Acts provides a very potent base for expanding the rights of citizens vis-*-vis the state in ensuring equity and social justice. This is particularly relevant for the poor and vulnerable.

On the occasion of the National Legal Literacy Day, the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh addressed the National Colloquium on Poverty Alleviation, Food Security and Right to Development organized by the National Legal Services Authority

2. Re: essential tool of democratic participation: Prime Minister

My appeal in GSCIC are pending from May 2007. I don't how much time GSCIC will more take. My all applications are of Publicinterest noet a single for my personel greviences. If I could have Filed PILs in Hon. Gujarat High court all mybcases would hve been decided in public intrest.
    Dr.R.k.d.Goel
    Last edited by Shrawan; 19-03-08 at 11:53 PM. Reason: moderated and removed personal remarks

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: essential tool of democratic participation: Prime Minister

Dr Goel,

This thread will be of interest to you:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3347-w...ke-up-act.html
    Twitter: @cjkarira

4. Re: essential tool of democratic participation: Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    The right to development in a way has been strengthened by the Right to Information Act. This act, enacted by our government, is one of the strongest such legislations in the world. It is also an essential tool of democratic participation, through which the boundaries of the “rights approach” to development can be further extended. It brings in transparency and accountability into the development process. The combination of the National Rural Employment Guarantee and the RTI Acts provides a very potent base for expanding the rights of citizens vis-*-vis the state in ensuring equity and social justice. This is particularly relevant for the poor and vulnerable.

On the occasion of the National Legal Literacy Day, the Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh addressed the National Colloquium on Poverty Alleviation, Food Security and Right to Development organized by the National Legal Services Authority
    Thank you Kushal sir,

This is very great wordings from Prime Minister and a great scholar Dr.Manmohan Singh ji,

It is very much motivating and energizing me and many RTI Activists and Applicants.

Even after many good and motivating statements from the highest authorities and principled Politicians, what happens to the Information Providing authorities that at many level these Officers act totally 180 degree opposit to the very purpose of RTI Act and harrash RTI applicant as if the RTI applicants are doing some unsocial work.

I did not mean that every PA is acting like this, but percentage of such PAs are more and it may reduce only with stringent action on PAs and Information Providing authorities who just want to harrash the applicant, and it also need a powerful clarification from Central/State Governments over such action of PIO/PA/AAs., who are harrashing RTI applicants, Who are giving wrong information/denaying information/incomplete information and CG should warn such Authorities that they have to under go the deciplinary and judicial actions.

rakatkam.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android