Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: RTI for genuine software, how?

Hello linardni,

It's the BSA (Business Software Alliance) not NASSCOM that is spearheading the
    Global Anti Piracy campaign includng India. BSA is a global alliance of all
    major commercial software vendors. They have a very well maintained web site
    where you can lodge your complain on any organisation involved in piracy.

BSA's web site can be accessed through the following link.
    BSA - India Home Page

I am just curious to know the rationale behind you are after the
    "private IT Training Institutes". Do you have any particular reasons for targeting them?

And Why not Corporate houses and the Govt. agencies?
    Piracy is more rampant there.
    RTI can be applied with devastating effects with the Govt. Sector.
    Sidmis

› Find content similar to: RTI for genuine software, how?

This has more to do with awareness, self appraisal and modesty.

If there are good there are bad , but problem is when the good is misused by bad in a worst way.

That is what is piracy , hacking etc

I have seen many taking pride in hacking.

Many of us , ourself, use pirated CD, MP3 , DVD, VCD etc coz we get it cheaper and faster

Moserbear movie VCD DVD is one such company that is trying to deal with cheap rated pirated versions

We all have to be aware and modest ,

We must say no to PIRACY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidmis View Post
    I am just curious to know the rationale behind you are after the
    "private IT Training Institutes". Do you have any particular reasons for targeting them?

And Why not Corporate houses and the Govt. agencies?
    Piracy is more rampant there.
    RTI can be applied with devastating effects with the Govt. Sector.
    Sidmis

Regarding the rationale that you wanted to explore, my logic is to curb the evil from the grass root level. Friend, as we all know maximum if not all, individuals gain their first lessons of Computer from the private institutions. The Institutions maximally work upon pirated version of software otherwise they would not be able to strive in the cut-throat competitive market of lowest pricing. After graduating from such Institutions, most of us are accustomed to take software as free and for granted. Hence you see we are getting acclimatized with the usage of illegal versions right from when we set our first step of being e-literate. This forms one part of the trend towards piracy.
    Now as you told about the government sector. I believe, if we can inculcate the sense of piracy, legal software, EULA, freeware, etc among the masses during their first lessons of computer, the wheel will start rotating by itself.

No Doubt , initiation is must

But we are are becoming use to of duplications and piracy ...Not all

Can we just check ourselves too...

How many of us use original windows ....

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

May be we are duplicates too, Abhinav !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why we are discussing Software piracy etc in RTI QUERY ? It should be at CHIT CHAT.

In fact Basu I was also thinking the same , that we are discussing software piracy is RTI query ...

The head linardni choose may be incorrect but his intentions and the topic is a useful one so we must continue it , as it would motivate for non-piracy and educated the hazards of the same...Chit chat section option is one that the Admin or moderators should decide....After all their view matters the most and is must for good reasons

But remember this also that "software piracy is something that is not only hampering Indian economy but is also a threat to our National security as lots of piracy i.e. DVD VCD MP3 etc is being done by neighbouring nations" ...

So we must not support piracy in any form or forum and being in e-forum , piracy has a direct relevance with all of us.

Dear Admin , ,Kindly take a swift decision to shift this thread from RTI Query to CHIT CHAT, without delay,if required, as delay may again hamper another good Intentional thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Abhinav

It was a difficult choice for me - to send you a PM or post here. Finally I have decided to write here for larger audience.

I am from a a software company. I have a fair idea about software production costing. Initially it is IPR and then subsequently it is Rs 8/- to Rs 18/- per CD writing towards multiple reproduction year after year. My further observations are :-
    1. This industry does not have an apex body to decide on how much should be correct IPR for development cost to arrive at a reasonable price. Software is now the heart of every business and education process. Lots of other applications are there in other living areas like medical / traveling etc. It is an absolutely a product of common man domain and manufactured by big transnational corporation.
    2. Why should not a Govt Policy will be formulated for correct pricing of a software ? Govt has done it in Pharmaceutical sector. Software is now for common man only. More it will be affordable more common man will use the software for better productivity.
    3. If anyone of my learned friends here can give me any clue that why the use of LINUX or products like OPEN OFFICE SUIT is not being spread by Govt through mass contact programmes ?
    4. Why the IT ministry is doing nothing to develop softwares in regional languages using LINUX or similar free-wares ? Are mandarins in IT Ministry taking a 'soft' approach to some trans-national companies ?
    None of my observations should be construed as my support to software piracy (or in that matter to any IPR.

As an industry insider, I am only drawing a larger canvass taking a cue from this thread for friends to ponder and suggest further course of action.
    Last edited by Debashis Basu; 11-09-07 at 01:28 PM.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android