Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fees for First Appeal in West Bengal

Is there any fee for first appeal of RTI Act in West Bengal? If so,what's the amount? Is court fee applicable? Furthermore please let me know the designation and address of the first appellate authority of West Bengal Power Development Corporation, West Bengal (website : ...: West Bengal Power Development Corporation :...)

› Find content similar to: Fees for First Appeal in West Bengal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fees for First Appeal in West Bengal

No fees for first appeal.

You can call them up and seek the information. OR, send your first appeal application to MD. He is duty bound to send your first appeal to appropriate officer as head of the Public Authority

Basu has given you the best tips and suggestions.

Based on experience I would like to advise that don't be over stated in First Appeal...Kindly find underneath a supportive format for the same.

First Appellate Authority
    <table bordercolordark="#000000" bordercolorlight="#000000" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="7" cellspacing="1" height="89" width="593"> <tbody><tr> <td height="17" valign="top" width="185"> 1. Name of the Applicant</td> <td height="17" valign="top" width="372"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="36" valign="top" width="185"> 2. Address, Tel. No.</td> <td height="36" valign="top" width="372"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> B. Details about RTI request:
    <table bordercolordark="#000000" bordercolorlight="#000000" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="7" cellspacing="1" width="593"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="2" height="25" valign="top" width="1002"> 1. Particulars of the SPIO against whose order appeal is preferred</td> <td height="25" valign="top" width="280"> (a) Name</td> <td height="25" valign="top" width="200"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="44" valign="top" width="280"> (b) Address</td> <td height="44" valign="top" width="200"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="1002">2. Date of submission of application (Please attach a copy</td> <td colspan="2" valign="top" width="498"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td rowspan="3" height="16" valign="top" width="1002"> 3. Brief facts leading to appeal</td> <td colspan="2" height="16" valign="top" width="498"> (a) No response received within 30 days of submission of Form I</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" height="16" valign="top" width="498"> (b) Aggrieved by the response received within the prescribed period (a copy of the order received be attached)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" height="16" valign="top" width="498"> Grounds for appeal _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="1002">4. Prayer or relief sought</td> <td colspan="2" valign="top" width="498"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="1002">5. Last date for filing the appeal</td> <td colspan="2" valign="top" width="498"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="1002">6. If appeal is being filed after 30 days, the reasons which prevented from filing appeal in time</td> <td colspan="2" valign="top" width="498"> __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="1002">7. Copies of documents relied upon by the applicant</td> <td colspan="2" valign="top" width="498"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Signature of the Applicant……………

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

In case of High Courts things are little diferent. In their case they make use of provisions of theAct and made separate Rules. In Kerala one has to pay Rs.50/- for an appeal under RTI before the High Court. This is valid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excellent format Abhinav.

3 (a) will be Form I or " within 30 days of submission of query u/s 6 (I) (a)

Basu I appreaicte yours motivation and the referrence you have given , if read properly would be of greater use to linardni.

Colonel Kurup has also rightly pointed out some additional facts

Well done

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by linardni View Post
    Is there any fee for first appeal of RTI Act in West Bengal? If so,what's the amount? Is court fee applicable? Furthermore please let me know the designation and address of the first appellate authority of West Bengal Power Development Corporation, West Bengal (website : ...: West Bengal Power Development Corporation :...)
    I had guided you for drafting the application to the PIO of WBPDC.
    Did you recieve the reply ?
    If yes, then the PIO himself should be able to tell you who is the designated Higher Officer for First Appeal under the RTI Act 2005.
    If your application for information was rejected, then under Section 7(8)(iii), the PIO should have informed you "the particulars of the apellate authority".
    If you did not recieve any reply from the PIO, you can either make a First Appeal to the appropriate authority OR go directly for a complaint to WBSIC under section 18(1)(c).

For the fees for First Appeal, please see the word doc attached to the post:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1129-a....html#post4217

I wanted to complete the list for all States and also update data for those states where changes have taken place in the fee structure, but apart from Sidmis and narayanvarma, no one took initiative.

If there are members from other states, can they please update the information while quoting the relevant GO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Karira,
    As per you guidance I have sent a RTI Application to the PIO through Speed Post on 22-08-2007. Upon tracking the letter through Postal Department Website (Welcome to Indiapost) I came to know that it's delivered on 24-08-2007. Now the 30 days count down period is reaching maturity. I want all to know the detailed proceedings of this case. That's why I've started my blog in this forum. Thanks once again for the help you've extended me making time out of your hectic schedule.
    Last edited by linardni; 10-09-07 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast