Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Court Officers or Recievers in legal case are under RTI Act ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Court Officers or Recievers in legal case are under RTI Act ?

1. I do need help of fellow RTI Activists to locate the PIO name and address of Calcutta High Court.

2. Court appoints receiver or Administrator in different legal cases who are nothing but "Court Officers" . They are generally advocates or Legal Practitioners who are members of Bar Association.

3. All courts are wholly financed by Govt. Hence courts are PA and comes under RTI Act 2005 ??

4. All district courts come under High Court of that state. Hence PIO of High Court should be questioned for a "court officer" or receiver appointed by District court ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Court Officers or Recievers in legal case are under RTI Act ?

I am waiting for a reply / advice from fellow Activist.

Nice query Basu ! But I would also like to ask that what is the reason for the same or say WHAT information you are trying to gather in public interest from the above query.

The thread is really interesting ... I would like to know ...the reason ...If You want ?

I would also like to add that Yes they are under the RTI Act and Yes they can be questioned ...And they are questioned...

Thanks
    Last edited by Abhinav Bohare; 03-09-07 at 11:26 AM. Reason: add

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Public interest points are :

1. Such Court Officers are always appointed by court with a rider - "to submit monthly accounts with court". Please notice that there is no provision of audit by a court approved CA. Court officer (read receivers or court appointed administrator -pendalite) can submit anything as "proper accounting ". Misappropriation of fund can not be ruled out in the absence of expert scrutiny.

2. Judges get transferred from one state court to another state court and even their charges changes within the court. Many such court appointed officers do not submit any accounts at all or file some abra-cabra with the court clerk taking this advantage. Courts are over burdened with cases. even proper complain of mis-appropriation or impropriety by such court appointed Receiver or Administrator takes 5 years to be heard or judged.

3. Such Receiver / Administrators sell off litigant properties in a so called "open tender" to meet exigency (whatever it means) expenses. It is always unknown which court has allowed such sale by Receivers / Administrators.

4. Justice Soumitra Sen of Calcutta High Court had to return Rs 54 lac (in June 2006) under court order of Brother Judge Justice Kalyan Kumar Sen Gupta as he was court appointed receiver
    in a case and the designated bank a/c under court order did not have that much of fund left. Since then Justice Soumitra sen is on leave (My last information is that.)

If it can happen in Calcutta High Court - I can well imagine the conditions in district courts where supervision will be of further low quality and litigants in district court are really poor (at least in West Bengal) for effective chasing or follow up.

5. I have a specific case example in my hand for which I want to initiate action under RTI Act.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RTI Activists

What is the answer to my query -- Are court officers covered by RTI Act 2005 ?

Who is the PIO of Calcutta High Court ?

Hope this helps you

In exercise of the power conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 28 read with Section 2 (e) (iii) of the
    Right to Information Act, 2005, Hon’ble Chief Justice of the High Court Would implement RTI Act

And the PIO etc would be Joint Registrar (Establishment) State High Courts, Appeal Authority would be Registrar (Estb) and Asst PIO would be Asst Registrar (estab)

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks MR Bose .
    I am also very much interested to have this information.What type of information we may get from the High Courts ? Who is the PIO ? what amount of fee we have to submit etc. If any body can provide--- Abhijeet

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a similar problem with High Court of Kerala. I had adressed "State Public Information Officer of High Court of Kerala, C/O Registrar General, HighCurt of Kerala, Cochin " It was promptly responded by HighCourt giving me the information sought for. I think similar address should work in Calcutta also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android