Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Re: RBI refused information.

I think RBI has not designated Post Offices as ACPIO and hence it is asking for Rs10 through cash, demand draft or postal order. Even all central govt depts have also not designated post offices as ACPIO. List of depts/organisations can be checked on website of post dept: indiapost.gov.in. It is better to pay Rs.10 by cash,bank D.D. or IPO [ipo is cheapest] rather than wasting time and energy in complaining etc, if one is really interested in information.

› Find content similar to: RBI refused information.

It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I think RBI has not designated Post Offices as ACPIO
    Hello JPS,
    There might be some ambiguity in using the Postal Route(u/s 6.3). But it has been accepted norm now for a lot of Central Public Authorities including RBI.

The CIC has been very explicit on this. So the RBI has also amended it's ways accordingly. Apart from that single issue, there is absolutely no refusal from RBI to any of my queries. That was a freak incident, I suppose.

Somehow I am lucky with RBI, because till date I never paid anything to RBI for any information supplied by them.
    Sec. 7(6) effect ! !

Sidharth

P.S. Your suggestion for IPO is very much pertinent and should be used invariably.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

RBI has not designated Post Offices as ACPIO.
    I understand that no PAs are required to appoint Post Offices as designated CAPIO.
    This provision is in-built in sec. 6(3).

In my above complaint case the RBI has submitted a letter (issued by Dept. of post) before the CIC saying that UCR / ACG-67 are only for internal use only. i.e. use of UCR/ACG is restricted for use by Dept. of post only.

Although RBI has grudgingly accepted that they will honor UCRs/ACGs henceforth.

UCRs/ACG-67 cannot be used for other Public Authorities.

This letter is signed by a senior officer of the Dept. of Post.

Is this contention right?

Sidharth
    Last edited by sidmis; 06-06-08 at 11:22 AM.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I have uploaded that file for the members to see and comment.

I will email this page to those members who have difficulties in viewing this image here.

Sidharth
    Attached Images Attached Images RBI refused information.-ucr_acg67-jpg 
    Last edited by sidmis; 06-06-08 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidmis View Post

Although RBI has grudgingly accepted that they will honor UCRs/ACGs henceforth.

UCRs/ACG-67 cannot be used for other Public Authorities.

Sidharth

Yes the contents are correct and in order.

But that does not stop one from filing RTI Application through the APIO Post Office Route. Meaning, even if you wish to file an RTI Application with another Public Authority, say Min. of Parliamentary Affairs, you can still submit your RTI Application addressed to the CPIO of Min. of PA, along with ACG-67 / UCR worth Rs. 10/- to the designated APIO Post Office of your city. They will have to forward your application to the concerned CPIO at the earliest.

Lage Raho

Manoj Pai