New Delhi, November 9: Former Youth Congress leader M S Bitta has written a letter to the Centre seeking information under the RTI Act as to why his security was withdrawn in 1993, two days before a bomb attack on him.
The former Punjab minister, who heads the All India Anti-Terrorist Front, has sought the assessment report of the security review committee from the Home Ministry in his case in September 1993. Nine people were killed and several others injured in the bomb attack at Delhi’s Raisina Road.
“I feel there was some conspiracy behind the sudden issuance of the order of security withdrawal by the Ministry of Home Affairs in my case. ... I feel there had been deliberate attempts to expose me to terrorists,” he said in his letter to the VIP security director in the Ministry.
In the letter, he has sought whether the Centre’s decision to withdraw security was prompted by some “political pressure” as he “recalled he had faced a deadly attack” in May 1992 in Amritsar.
He has also sought information on action taken against agencies involved in security arrangements for former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi before his assassination.

› Find content similar to: M S Bitta moves RTI, asks why security removed 2 days before attack