Thread: Framing RTI query

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Framing RTI query

abhijeet,

Life is not all that easy.
    But look at it in a positive sense.
    Before the RTI Act, you wouldn't even have been able to come to this stage. Your application would have been consigned to the dustbin or filed away somewhere for ever.
    By using the RTI Act, you have atleast come to the Second Appeal stage.

2. Re: Framing RTI query

If the AA is inclined to reject your appeal, he will do it even if you present the case. However, one should insist on applying S.19(5). Let's make it difficult to the AAs

3. Re: Framing RTI query

Life is not all that easy.
    But look at it in a positive sense.

Before RTI Act came in power in our state (WB) we sent few dozens of letters/ memorandums etc to three Govt. Dept, but received a few response only
    But during last seven months those three dept. sent at least some 100 letters/ reply wrt our RTI applications submitted to them., though most of those cases the PIOs sincerely did try to avoid furnishing proper information. I am really could not understand why they are so much interested to save the corrupt persons and thus avoiding exposing them.
    <O</O
    Life is not that easy…. but the situation is at least a little bit favourable in that regard only because of the effectiveness of RTI Act. Everybody sould appreciate it.
    Abhijeet
    Last edited by abhijeet; 01-12-07 at 09:07 PM.

4. Re: Framing RTI query

The govt agencies do not disturb the status quo,I have been suspended from service as
    I used RTI ACT against my employer.Although they do not openly admit that,the struggle to change the system will take time.

5. Re: Framing RTI query

But corrupts of all spheres are united and are hand-in-gloves.We are really in a bad situation where only a few persons are interested to fight corruption. So many persons don't bother and many have been purchased by the influential land-mafias , who are getting help from the administration. This is clear from day-to day happenings in our country.I sincerely hope that your difficulties will be over, in near future.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT- asato ma sadgamayo.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Framing RTI query

The most disturbing feature is that certain factors like, unfulfilled desire to have more money due to high rate of inflation and conspicuous consumption .Influx of gulf money has changed the phylosophy of part of the middle class reducing values of life and justification to resort to any method . The new rich won't mind to throw some money if the things can easily be done. They consider that it is futile to fight it out and waste time and effort if it can be done by paying few bucks. This attitude coupled with the bureaucate's willingness to obligue make the RTI Activists a squre peg in he round hole.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android