Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Framing RTI query

1. Framing RTI query

Dear Members,
    I would request to suggest me for framing RTI query after going through the following fact:

It's a very big Coop Hsg. Society, managed by a group of corrupt persons. They were ousted by the High Court's order in 1985. HC also odered to take action against the managing committee members for illegalities committed by them . THE Govt Administrator submitted his report as per HC's order mentioning elaborately many illegalities committed by the MC. The Govt. did not take proper action against those corrupt MC members inspite of repeated directions from the HC. THe Registrar of Co op. Societies of the W.B. Govt. took initiative to take action in 1997 and issued show cause notice to them for financial irregularities of few lakhs of rupees . Even the then RCS advised the Administrator of thast Co op Hsg.Soc to lodge FIR against those MC members in 1997. But that letter was sent in a wrong address which did not reach to the Administrator. RCS was transferred, new RCS did not take any action afterwards, and the relevent files were missing.

Some how we could get the information after about 5 years, but the concerned Dept, the minister, the RCS all are very much " co operative " with those influencial corrupt persons.

Keeping in mind of the fact as above I put some queries to the SPIO of that Dept .After 2nd appeal first hearing held after 4 months of submission of the application, At last I could receive certain information, out of which I would like to discuss two points as below.
    3. What action was taken by the office of RCS, W.B for compliance of High Court’s order , up to 2004 for taking suitable steps against the corrupt Ex Managing Committee members of this Housing Society ? If not, please give the names and designations of those officials who were responsible for non compliance of the High Court’s directives.
    4. In that case, what action would be taken against those officials who were responsible for non-compliance of the High Court directives, during that period(1988-2004) instead of repeated directions from the Hon’ble High Court <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Calcutta</st1lace></st1:City> for taking action against the corrupt Ex Managing Committee members and when it would be done?

The information furnished as below---
    3. With reference to the paragraph-3 of the queries , this is to mention that in addition to issuing memo dtd12/09/1997, no action was taken up from the end of the then RCS, since High Court case was pending at the material point of time .
    4.With reference to paragraph 4 of the queries, this is to state that Dr. S.K.Biswas took over charge of the Society as Administratir on 01/09/2003 in strict compliance of the order of the order of the Hon'ble Division Bench of Hon'ble HIgh Court at Calcutta and submitted compliance rewport before the Hon'ble Court at Calcutta.

As I was associated with all the Hc and SC Court cases since 1985, and all the Court's orders went against those corrupt members of the MC, but with sincere help and support from the Govt. side as well as the corrupt Administrator like Dr S.K.Biswas nothing could be done till to day. After 18 years once again the corrupt group has come into power on a fraudulent voter list . The election has been challenged, but case is still pending.

There was no bar from the High Court for taking action against them. RCS was categorically imformed that no of times from the Court. (17.8.1990)

So reply wrt 3 is simply false misleading and given with malafide intention. And I could not follow the reply of the q4. That out and corrupt Administrator should have submitted his Compliance Report to the Registrar also: so what was the difficulty of providing information ?

So I would once again request you to frame the suitable query wrt information provided for q3 & q 4.

Ido hope that I could clear the fact, because it is a history of corruption for more than two decades and also fighting against all the odds from all corners as they are much powerful "land mafia" getting help and guidance from all political parties as well as the Administration.

With regards- Abhijeet

2. Re: Framing RTI query

Dear Members,
    With a high hope I requested for some useful suggestion from RTI activists members of RTI Forum. But only 10 members had seen my request, but no body suggested anything. Probably I could not explain the fact properly.

" I tried in the night- nobody did listen to it, now it is morning- but I am not silent......

Abhijeet

3. Re: Framing RTI query

Having Patience is another important thumb rule in RTI ...

Things are well drafted in your thread , and soon you would hear comments from RTI experts

All I can suggest , that since you should go through the basic guidelines of framing RTI question or RTI application format and try and ask one question at a tim
    e

Question pre-targeted or having exposed intentions are generally tackled with smartness, so it should be neutral in nature and use cover , if you want anything against an individual officer or person, political party, of any such real estate of land anti social groups.

Now Since you are fighting for the cause from last 20 years , who else but you youself would be in the right position to frame a RTI Application....

I am sure you have better answers thn anyone else, so dont be silent but use your inner voice to frame the question.

Or wait I am sure of some expert coming in with suggestions...

4. Re: Framing RTI query

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    Dear Members,
    I would request to suggest me for framing RTI query after going through the following fact:
    Dear Abhijeet,
    I am just initiating the discussions with the following RTI queries. Hopefully, a few other members will be able to add/modify my suggestions to suit your requirements. There has been some delay in replying your post. Kindly bear with us.

===========================================

Preamble: Please state in brief the details of your Coop Hsg Society matter.

In this connection please furnish the following information in terms of the RTI Act 2005.

1. Please inform me all the guidelines/rules to be followed by the Coop Dept. if financial/other irregularities on the part of the Managing Committee of a Regd coop society are brought out.

2. Please furnish me the details of names and designations of the officials who are empowered to take action as per the rules, in the event of the revelation of such irregularities.

3. With particular reference to the above hsg society, the honourable HC has issued certain directives during the year 1997 to initiate action against the then members of the Managing Committee. Please furnish me the complete details of all such actions taken by the coop dept till the year 2006.

4. Please furnish a certified copy of the compliance report, if any, submitted to the Calcutta High Court in terms of the orders of the Hon. Division Bench of the said court.

5. Please furnish details of all the actions taken against the members of the Managing Committee of .................(name of the hsg. society) in respect of their illegal acts pointed out in the report of the Govt Administrator(mention the date or year of the report).

6. Please furnish me the details of relevant rules/ regulations/guidelines/or any other law in force in your department under which the authorities concerned need not take any action despite directives of the High Court.

7. Please furnish me the names and designations of all the officials who were entrusted with handling the file of ....................... (name of your coop hsg society) during the period 1997 to 2006.

8. Please furnish me certified copies of all the file notings of these officials in respect of their views/recommendations on initiation of appropriate action against the members of the then managing committee of...........................................(name of your society) as per the High Court directives.

9. Is there any rule/regulation/service condition in the coop department to take disciplinary action against its erring officials, in the event of any laxity on their part while complying with the directives of the HIgh Court. If yes, then furnish me the details of all such actions taken for non-compliance of the court orders from 1997 to 2006.

10. Please furnish me the action taken report on this RTI petition form the date of its receipt till the date of reply on a day to day basis.

================================================

5. Re: Framing RTI query

Dear Ganpat,
    It's a very well drafted queries. Thnank you for your initiative and involvement. I shal prepare an application with these queries and am going to submit very soon; now I am not interested to tell about all the difficulties we are facing in our state from those personnel who are dealing RTI matters in public authority. I shall inform you the development after this application's fate. With regards---- Abhijeet

6. Re: Framing RTI query

Dear Abhijeet,
    I appreciate very much the spirit with which you are pursuing this matter against various odds. I wish you all good luck in this endeavour.

7. Re: Framing RTI query

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    Dear Ganpat,
    It's a very well drafted queries. Thnank you for your initiative and involvement. I shal prepare an application with these queries and am going to submit very soon; now I am not interested to tell about all the difficulties we are facing in our state from those personnel who are dealing RTI matters in public authority. I shall inform you the development after this application's fate. With regards---- Abhijeet
    Ganpat has indeed drafted a series of request for information. However, I would recommend that you break up these into several RTI Application.

Most PA explore for the weakest link in your application.... and alas that would nail down your application.

You can request for some of the information under Section 4. Application fee for info u/s 4 is not required. Plus there is no time limit, it has to be provided immediately.

May I suggest the following:-

Application No.1 u/s 4 Questions No.1 & 2 as drafted by Ganpat
    Application No.2 u/s 4 Question No. 6 alone to be filed a few days after Appl. No 1.
    Application No.3 u/s 6 Questions No.5 & 7 to be filed one week after Appl.No1.
    ........... and so on.

Let me also warn, that recent development in this field has not been favorable. It would be a long drawn battle. Remember, when the going gets though, the though get going.

My best wishes

Manoj

8. Re: Framing RTI query

I shall try to inform you another interesting 'episode' of our RTI activities within 2-3 days. I shall request you to suggest future course of action . Thank you for your good suggestion. I have already submitted one with some modifications. As per your recommendation few more application will be submitted.
    With regards- Abhijeet

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android