Topic Identifier

Thread: How to get info from Bangalore Police?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get info from Bangalore Police?

Sir,
    I have submitted a representation to Bangalore City Police Commissioner on 18/07/07 requesting him to initiate action to control the usage of loud speakers in places of religious worship (especially in early mornings) in accordance with orders of Hon'ble Supreme Court of India. It appears that no action has been forthcoming because the loudspeakers continue to blare prayers, sermons, chants etc. The matter was referred to Police Commissioner of Bangalore City by the Office of Chief Minister and Home Minister of Karnataka (I have copies of these letters).
    To seek the details of the action taken by Police, I need the following information to proceed further :
    1. Is the Police under the purview of RTI Act?
    2. Is there an application format for applying for info from the police? Where do I get it?
    3. Can I avoid going to the Police Commissioner's office and apply online or thru post (RPAD) ?
    4. Can I send a Postal Order (Rs.10=00) alongwith the application?
    Please help me.
    Bhanu

Re: How to get info from Bangalore Police?

The police very much comes under the purview of RTI Act. There are certain model formats available and I would suggest you to go through the thread How to write an RTI Application? which will give you a better idea on RTI applications. If you want to avoid going to the Police Commissioners office, you can send your application through Regd Post AD. Postal Order is an approved mode for remitting the RTI application fees.

The following thread will also be useful to you:
    RTI Clinic in Karnataka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your help.
    Bhanu. A

Name:
    Pratik
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Bhanu,

What is outcome of your application? Did police commisioner has taken any action to stop blarring of prayers through noisy loud speakers in early morning. This nuisance is everywhere increasing in India on the name of appeasement to certain people.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Following links will be of help to you:

Karnataka
    KARNATAKA RTI RULES - Guide

Long pending? :
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ding-govt.html

Make effective:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html.

You may contact:

1. MAHITHI HAKKU ADHYAYANA KENDRA (RIGHT TO INFORMATION STUDY CETNRE) OFFICE: NO.54, 17TH CROSS, M C LAYOUT, VIJAYANAGAR (NEXT TO CANARA BANK, PANCHAVATI HOTEL BUILDING) BANGALORE 560 040 Cell 9448704693 veeresh_bellur@yahoo.com

2. JSD PANI, President, Mahiti Hakku Jagruiti Vedike - A group of RTI Activists, # 168, Chelakere, Kalyananagar, Bangalore 560043, Ph; 080-41616183, Cell: 9845309028 mahitihakku@gmail.com

3. KRIA Katte & Trustee MHAK, #12 Sumeru Sir M N Krishna Rao Road , Basvangudi Bangalore 560004.
    anil_crp@yahoo.com, vikramsimha54@yahoo.co.in
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android