Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

1. Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

Colonel Sir,
    Getting another five ICs for your SIC is a real success story. I am sure all the persistent follow-up from your end has played a major factor in this dramatic turn of events.

2. Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

Dear Indranil,

You have very correctly quoted-
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

In our case we had applied , and we have did it. You mentioned that we should contact "Khonjkhabor" etc. For that matter we would like to mention you that in DEc.2003 and also in Jan. 2004 , Khonjkhabor " has covered the corruption of our housing society. In news paper some two dozen times differennt aspects of it were reported. Last it came in the Statesman on 21st Sept,2007- You have gone through that thread. When top of the concerned Administration is helping the corrupt persons, we with little force and a few active members are trying to do as much as possible. We have been fighting corruption since 25 years, at least 30 members have died by that time. Let us see how RTI activities be helpful to us. Even we did not get any response to our many RTI applications submitted in MAY,07, even after 2nd appeals. I seek your comments regarding my news item , what you have gone through and Ganpat has nicely reported it---Abhijeet <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

3. Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

Dear Mr.Abhijeet,<o></o>
    I understand in its true sense that you have taken lot of steps in all possible dimensions to mobilize the implementation of RTI Act. You all are the veteran soldiers having a rich experience of long 25 years. I don't dare to offer any suggestion. However your tenacity proves that we have a long way to go. A really very long way till we could bring the topsy-turvy state of affair on the right track. It’s all your positive steps and attitudes that motivate us to step forward, to stand up and fight with the repeated fiascos. Being optimist, we should go on knocking all possible doors up to the level of the topmost hierarchy of the administration.
    Perhaps you remember the slogan of the mass in the popular Bengali film Gupi Gayen Bagha Bayen, of Satyajit Ray) when the reign of the cruel ruler terminates. "Dori dhore maro taan, Raja hobe khankhan" (Pull the rope and the statue of the king will be shattered into pieces). We are all upon that job of grounding the masked corrupted kings of today. After all the question is to win the battle and not every war, isn’t it?
    Last edited by linardni; 26-09-07 at 05:08 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

Please advice whether any PIL can be filed before Kolkata High Court against the CIC WB. staff .I have sent an appeal before the CIC WB which has not even been acknowledged.Their web site is still under construction. I feel they should be made accountable.I believe that public servants who do not work in accordance with the law are working against the interest of the people and country. It is likely to show its affect after several years and it may be a dangerous trend for a democratic country. What is the remedy.
    adil
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 10-02-08 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Casting aspersions on individuals

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

I don't think filing a PIL can solve the problem. Whom all againt you will file PIL ? These are small cogs in the corrupt official machinery. Unless the machinery is willing to recognise these malodies and compelled to mend their ways, nothing will happen.

6. Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

West Bengal has its own unique way of working. Where there is rebellion at the fall of a pin, looking for a quantum change in the over all functioning of the Govt machinery is just next to impossible. Just like old habits die hard, its a herculean task to bring about such a quantum change in the official machinery. Some time ago while in Kolkata I was discussing irregularities in the Govt Machinary in WB with a friend and later on with a relative, surprisingly, in both the cases I was greeted with quote "... This is Bengal, we have our own way of handling things.... Central Govt Rules Regulations are neither acceptable nor implementable here... you are welcome to your opinion but your opinion is not welcome here....." . / unquote. I guess, Kolkata has a long way to travel to come to terms with RTI.

Dear Moderator, I hope I don't sound too political, but this is the grass root level status in Bengal. And if it sounds that way you are at a liberty to moderate the post.
    Sunaabh

7. Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

Dear Sunaabh,
    That is perfectly ok to describe what is near truth and happening.

I frequently hear fellow Officers complaining about their staff: 'Cholbe Na, Cholbe Na'.

I think Maneesh can throw more light into this.

8. Re: How to tackle the collective evasive act of PIO in West Bengal

Thanks Kushal,

I wish my fellow Bongs realise that the"Cholbe Na...' if not reigned will sooner or later make Bengal "Achal"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android