Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

Fantastic ! Yes. 'information' in fact include 'inspection' .Thank you Mr.Karira. Now we may be thinking as to how we missed this too conspicuous clarification readily available in the Act itself. That is the difference between Mr.Karira and rest of us.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    Fantastic ! Yes. 'information' in fact include 'inspection' .Thank you Mr.Karira. Now we may be thinking as to how we missed this too conspicuous clarification readily available in the Act itself. That is the difference between Mr.Karira and rest of us.
    No, no, the only difference is that the RTI book is not only my bedside reading but all day reading ! (He He He He He ). Bedside reading continues to be "Main Concepts of Modern Physics"....something that puts me to sleep in 2 minutes flat....for the last 25 years or so.

3. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

Nice Work Mr. Karira we are fortunate to have member like u in this forum.

4. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

That is the solution. Bingo

5. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

Kariraji,
    Would you like to interact with some of our SPIOs ( most non- co operative and one of them is the SPIO of Dept. of Cooperation !) and our respected Chief SIC ( though we have only one Commissioner) is very much soft towards these SPIOs and the reason of not imposing any penalty is not at all known to us. I would like to submit one RTI application to that GREAT SPIO for furnishing the information of total numbrer of RTI applications received by him with dates of submissions vis-a- vis dates of furnishing respective applications and also how many applications replied within the stipulated period of time. I don't know whether any response will be received or not- as he is habituated of not furnishing any information of so many applications!. The result, if received will be sent to the State Chief Information Commissioner for necessary action, if any.

6. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

Dear abhijeet,
    We are all aware of your cooperative society problem through various other threads/posts by you. But please confine your posts to the discussion topic of the particular thread. Otherwise a serious discussion of importance will get diluted.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

but Sir, even this issue need amendment and document should be allowed for inspection maximum with in a week otherwise the PIO,s and other have enough time to manipulate the same . and such things are happening in one of my case even after the intervention of DC and other officials the Sarpanch has not handed over the record even to the Distt authorities what to say of an applicant . Two times inquires have been held and adverse remarks have been given against the sarpanch but noting has been done against the Sarpanch and he got enough time to correct the same . Inspection should be allowed as early as possible so that record can bot be manipulated.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by advocate rajesh View Post
    but Sir, even this issue need amendment and document should be allowed for inspection maximum with in a week otherwise the PIO,s and other have enough time to manipulate the same . and such things are happening in one of my case even after the intervention of DC and other officials the Sarpanch has not handed over the record even to the Distt authorities what to say of an applicant . Two times inquires have been held and adverse remarks have been given against the sarpanch but noting has been done against the Sarpanch and he got enough time to correct the same . Inspection should be allowed as early as possible so that record can bot be manipulated.
    Sec 7(1) states:

1.Subject to the proviso to sub-section (2) of section 5 or the proviso to sub-section (3) of section 6, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, on receipt of a request under section 6 shall, as expeditiously as possible, and in any case within thirty days of the receipt of the request, either provide the information on payment of such fee as may be prescribed or reject the request for any of the reasons specified in sections 8 and 9:Provided that where the information sought for concerns the life or liberty of a person, the same shall be provided within forty-eight hours of the receipt of the request.

The 30 days time limit is the outer limit......the PIO is supposed to provide the information "as expeditiously as possible". It is another matter that nearly all PIO's, wait till the 30th day to provide the information.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android