Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

Time frame of 30 days is spelt in seeking information from PIO and 30days for appealing to AA ETC., ETC.,. But what about inspection of work, documents or records stipulated in Section 2(j)(i) of the RTIAct. The Act may imply that one can ask for inspection and the PIO or PA should be able to accommodate the request. But in reality, for all practical purposes the appellant apply in writtting seeking inspection of a specific documents seeking date, time and place of availability of the documents sought inspection. After all the PIO need some time to arrange it. But no time limit is laid down. But it is normally considered upto one week as a reasonable time . But what happens when the Puiblic Authority/PIO does not respond after receiving the application ? How many days one should wait before filing a complaint ? Does the appellent should go foir first and second appeals. The Act is silent on this issue. In fact I could not locate it.

2. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

I submitted one application requestiong for time , date and place of availability of inspecting file etc on 29th May, 2007. After forty five days, I submitted appeal to A.A. Subsequently 2nd appeal to the SIC was also placed. But all in vain . No response from any body.

The administration is very much in their favor, who finally retired , without any difficulty, whatsoever. Plenty of allegations to the Dept. concerned, to the MIC alongwith Secretary, number of allegations submitted to the Vigilance Commission. Few complaints both to state and Central Public grievance & Adm. Reforms Departments, but all in vain.

When allegations against that Officers was submitted to the Hon'ble Chief Minister . CM office forwarded it to the concerned Department. One "so called " enquiry was arranged and the officer was exonerated from all illegalities by the En. officer. One true enquery is needed regarding that concocted " enquiry " the sole objective of that enquiry was to save that out.

We are simply unable to chalk out our next course of action. Even inspection of file noting etc was not provided to us.We have not receive any " Message" /.direction from the Hon'ble SIC. Should I submit reminder to him ?

That fellow is nicely enjoying our helplessness.-Abhijeet

3. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

abhijeet ji,

I totally agree with you, Some PIO's are finding many ways to avoide the information when clearly decisions were given (ex. file notings).

These practices in our country is going to roots which can be stopped with good motivation and proper decision of CIC.

rakatkam

4. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

The very important point has been raised by Col. Kurup. The Act is silent about this indeed as to how much time one need to wait if an applicant wants to inspect the document.

5. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

kushal ji,

You are right.

Whether it is possible to represent to CIC to add some cluase in the RTI act.

rakatkam.

6. Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

As you have read this thread, https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/711-su...tionality.html after deliberation if at all required on this issue, it can be posted as a suggestion for improvement of the Act. May be we can send the link at appropriate level.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

I would assume that the same 30 (or 35) days period applies to inspection also. Once application is submitted the inspection has to be allowed in 30 days time. The term "information" includes "inspection".

Re: TIME FRAME FOR INSPECTION UNDER 2(j)(i)

I fully endorse the views of Mr. Karira. It is the most logical conclusion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android