Views: 6316 | 22-09-06, 02:11 PM #1
Personal information of thrid party exempt from RTI disclosure
Central Information Commission
Decision No. 294/IC(A)/2006
Dated, the 21st Sep., 2006
- Name of the Appellant : Shri Om Prakash Agarwal, 25, Strand Road, 723, Marshall House, Kolkata-700001.
- Name of the Public Authority : The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhavan, Indraprastha marg, P.B. No.7100, New Delhi-110002.
- The appellant had sought certain information which are furnished by the member companies and are available with the respondent in fiduciary capacity.
- The CPIO has denied the information on the ground that the information sought has no relation with public action or interest. The CPIO has also mentioned that the appellant has filed a complaint against the companies whose information are being sought. He has therefore contended that disclosure of information would impede the process of investigation. He has thus soughtexemption u/s 8(1) (h) of the Act.
- Information sought relate to the personal information of third parties, the disclosure of which do not fall under public domain. As such, there is no overriding public interest in disclosure of information sought, which is exempt u/s 8(1) (j) of the Act.
- The appeal is accordingly disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)
› Find content similar to: Personal information of thrid party exempt from RTI disclosure
12-09-16, 06:50 PM #2RTI India Pope
- Blog Entries
- 10 Post(s)
- 2 Thread(s)
- 176 Post(s)
this is very much needed to control black mailists who are seeking information of other employees especially ladies and torturing them as some collars had put this question to me in my TV talk on RTI.