Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: 'affected person ' under rti act

To certain extend. You may go through posts of this forum which spell out about information falling under 4(1)(d). Anyway let me clarify it lit bit. Provide reasons..... as per 4(1)(d) does not mean that the PIO give to the affected persons his reasons for everything. The reasons for its administrative or quasijudicial decisions if it is already held in any form (Not on imagination) can be obtained by the affected person. If it is sought by a person who has no concern with and not affected by the reasons, the PIO can refuce such information stating that "You are not affected person"

Name:
    VINAY KALA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who is an affected person under sec 19, rti

DEAR SIR,

I WANT TO KNOW THE DEFINITION OF 'AFFECTED PERSON' UNDER RTI ACT.

FROM THE ENGLISH WORD I GATHER IT WOULD MEAN A PERSON WHO IS AGGREIVED BY A

CERTAIN ACTION

FOR EXAMPLE , AS IN MY CASE, IF SOMEONE IS RUNNING A GUEST HOUSE ON MY PROPERTY AGAINST MY PERMISSSION AND THE GOVT BODY GIVES HIM LIENSE FOR THE SAME I WOULD BE AN AFFFECTED PERSON

IS THIS CORRECT?

SECONDLY WOULD A GOVT BODY DECISION BE RECOGNISED AS A QUASI JUDICIAL DECISION AS DEFINED UNDER SEC 19(1) (d).

THIRDLY IN A CASE CITED ABOVE CAN I SEEK REASONS FOR GIVING REGISTRATION TO THE ILLEGAL GUEST HOUSE FROM THE GOVT BODY UNDER SEC 19(1)(d)?

4. LASTLY SIR,

IN A SECOND APPEAL I HAD FILED AGAINST THE EMPLOYER I SOUGHT REASONS FOR THE MALAFIDE ACTS OF THE EMPLOYER LIKE DELIBERATELY DELAYING RELEASE OF PENSION DUES, INT ON DUES AND DELAY IN GIVING MANDATORY GIFTS.

IN A VIDEO CONFERING APPEAL INTERVIEW THE PIO STATED THAT THE REASONS WERE NOT ON RECORD AND HENCE THE CIC OVERRULED MY REQUEST FOR INFO ON REASONS BUT ORDERED PERUSAL OF FILES FOR INFO I SOUGHT WITHIN 15 DAYS OF THE ORDER.

MY QUERY IS

1. IF REASONS FOR GRANT OF THE REGISTRATION OF THE GUEST HOUSE OR ANY LICENSE ETC ARE NOT ON BUT THE PAPERS SUBMITTED TO THE DEPARTMENT ARE INCORRECT AND MISLEADING AND UNTRUE THEN CAN THE DEPARTMENT BE ASKED TO
    CITE REASONS FOR THEIR ACTIONS UNDER SEC 19(1)(d) SO THAT THE INCORRECT DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR GRANT OF A LICENSE ETC ARE BROUGHT TO LIGHT ?

Name:
    VINAY KALA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'affected'person in sec 4 of act , what is a quasi judicial decisiondear

dear sir,

i had started a thread on the question ofthe definition of an 'affected' person within the meaning of sec 4 of the rti act.

also what would a quasi judicial decision mean.?

vinay kala sep 8,10

Name:
    VINAY KALA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who is an affected person under sec 19, rti

dear sir,

thanks.

but what is a quasi judicial decision ?

vinay kala sep 09,10

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)

Vinay,

You are a old member of this portal.

Please use the customised google search bar available at the top of this page and search for "quasi judicial" - you will get many threads.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    VINAY KALA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dear sir,

tried the google search bar by typing 'quasi judicial'