Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can anyone say whom to appeal in WB (Secondary Education Dept.)

  1. Can anyone say whom to appeal in WB (Secondary Education Dept.)

    Hi All,

    My Mother-in-law has retired from a Higher Secondary School more that 5 years ago and around Rs. 45000 is due to her owing to an error by the School Admininstration while pay fixation.

    But the Headmaster of the School, to gratify some personal grudge, has not yet sent the bill from the School.

    We tried to move the next authority i.e. the District Inspector of Schools - but the officer simply declined to even accept an application!!!

    So we don't know whom to go now or where. Then someone suggested to resort to RTI but even after loitering for two full days at the Writer's Buildings, the State's Secretariat, I could not find out whom to send the Notice or how.

    Can anyone here give me any guidance please ?

    Sudipta Chakraborty.

  2. Re: Can anyone say whom to appeal in WB (Secondary Education Dept.)

    You had rightly approached the 'District inspector of Schools' and it is here you need to submit the RTI Applicaiton.

    Some things you must make sure:
    1. You are going to get information.
    2. That you need to frame an application ( and not Notice), get the sample application from here
    3. That if you do not know the address of the Public Information Officer, you can send a Registered Letter to: Public Information officer, Office address. and ask in the letter on whose name should I deposit the requisite fees of RTI (Rs. 10/-) along with you application. Do read the FAQ here specifically 'What if I cannot locate my PIO/APIO' here:
    And do read about how to write an RTI application here:

  3. Re: Can anyone say whom to appeal in WB (Secondary Education Dept.)

    At the same time I would like to suggest you to submit one RTI application to the concerned Ministry of Education ( as there are so many education ministers in our state!) In this case as I presune You have to apply in the Bikash Bhaban Secondary Education Dept and the application should be addressed to the State Public Information Officer, Dept. of Secondary Education, Bikash Bhaban, Salt Lake, Kolkata- 91.Format you will get from the earlier response by Kushal. Court fee stamp of Rs 10/- is required to be pasted with the application. That may also be available around the Bikash Bhaban/ Jala Sampad Bhaban area, otherwise it is available near City Civil Court/ RBI etc. I think this much will be helpful for the purpose.- Abhijeet

  4. Re: Can anyone say whom to appeal in WB (Secondary Education Dept.)

    You can enclosed a IPO of the required fee and do not fill any details in whose favour this is to be encashed. The PIO will fill the details and do the need ful.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android