0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

Copies Of Order Sheet For The Reassessment Of Income Tax

Sir, i wish to know whether i am entitled to get copies of order sheets and other documents of my own assessments from the Assessing officer of Income Tax.
    I have already made a request for a copy of order sheet, for which the Asssesing officer is refusing to give us the copies. The AO wants to know whether i making the request under RTI act, or under the provisions of IT Act, 1961.
    Even after mentioning / providing a copy of the Hon'ble Delhi High court decision judgement directing the concerned AO, to provide with the copies of order sheets and other such documents, the AO has issued a letter asking under what jurisdiction the information is being sought.
    When the copies of the order sheets and such other documents are being requested by the Assessee pertaining his/her own case, is it not the duty of the AO to provide.
    Kindly advice how to proceed with this, to which other forum should we approach to get the copies.
    If there is already a decision by one High Court, is it not applicable to the entire country and does it not become a practice.
    Kindly advice

› Find content similar to: Copies Of Order Sheet For The Reassessment Of Income Tax

Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    23 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)
    16 Post(s)

Re: Copies Of Order Sheet For The Reassessment Of Income Tax

First of all, it is not clear whether you have applied under RTI Act! If you have not done so, kindly download the sample RTI application form from and do so.
    As under RTI act, it cannot be questioned 'why', therefore you invariable would get a reply. Once you get that reply, let us know.