Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Harassment' drives RTI activist to suicide

Re: 'Harassment' drives RTI activist to suicide

Quote Originally Posted by VICTOR MECWAN View Post
    What I meant by " AMBULANCE" is that through this medium of our website, a group should be created who is ready to help the people in need "Instantly". A group can cater to this kind of information of -Life and death situation - and avoid any such incidences"
    Good Idea.

I am willing to Join. Please enroll me.

Sidharth

Last edited by sidmis; 22-09-08 at 01:58 PM.

Hello RTI Coomunity,

Please note that the whistle blowers' ACt is in vogue and complaints can be filed by anyone. After lodging a complaint, give them reasonable time and then file application under RTI to know the progress. This will help others from adopting such drastic stand. No RTI Community member should become desperate so as to commit suicide. Let us all stand by the one who has departed out community in most unfortunate fashion.
    Bapu

Name:
    Swati
    Blog Entries

I have also faced serious life threat (still continued) because of my RTI applications which were pending with some Police Officers who have used all means to suppress me including making the lives of my family members hell. Just telling everyone in case you find my name in any such news article in future !

Post at #8 that suggests 'Ambulance' makes lot of sense.

I volunteer to be a member and request others too.

In fact, this idea (whatever be the final form) should find a prominent position in the home page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android