0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

What’s the domain of third party?

I've filed a RTI Application to Shri Subrato Ghosh, General Manager (Regional Services) & PIO, Eastern Region, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Marketing Division, Indian Oil Bhavan, 2, Gariahat Road, (Dhakuria), Kolkata – 700068 to explore discrepancy in supply of cylinder by one of it’s distributor. {Details of PIO collected from Indian Oil Corporation :: Appellate Authorities for Indian Oil Corporation Ltd). In the RTI application ( I have requested certain piece of information regarding the delivery of cylinder to one of its customer, who is my father. Can the PIO escape replying to that point considering it as third party information? In other words, I want to be enlightened about the domain of third party.
    <o> </o>

› Find content similar to: What’s the domain of third party?

C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    43 Post(s)
    13 Thread(s)
    164 Post(s)

Re: What’s the domain of third party?

Technically, yes !
    The PIO does not know that the "third party" is your father. So, he must ask for the "third party's" opinion. However, the final decision has to be made by the PIO and also communicated to you with a reasoned order.
    Moreover the disclosure for the type of information that you are asking for, cannot be in any way considered as in general public interest.

A good way to avoid such issues is to "pre-empt" them.
    For example, when a MD of a company wants to ask for information about his own company, he can apply as a ordinary citizen and at the time of RTI application also submit a kind of "no objection letter" on the company's letter head.