Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

1. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

R. Venugopalan,

We would be happy to port your translated tamil version of RTI Act at our sister website here: http://www.rtiindia.info

2. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    R. Venugopalan,

We would be happy to port your translated tamil version of RTI Act at our sister website here: RTI India: The Complete Information and Resource Regarding Right to Information of India - home
    That would be a previlege for me. I would certainly do it once I am through with the translation. Thank you for your encouragement

R.Venugopalan

3. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Hi Venu,

Thanks for your interest and comments.I partially agree with you.
    Since I am also an IT consultant and most of our members are from IT, the true feeling of the IT crowd is that they are willing to help people by money , material or by intellect.

Since the IT is too much seperated from the orginal world, a feeling of left out or meaninglessness is very high which is why such activities attract them most than others.

We are focusing IT crowd to educate on RTI and create contributor.

I totally agree that RTI has to reach the Indian home crying out for basic necessities & social justice.Our model is attract good professionals, use them to empower students and reach the society through students.

Any of your suggestions will be greatly valid.

Please advise on your interest towards RTI , your volunteership and the city you are located.We might need some help from you as well

thanks
    Alwyn
    For HIF

Quote Originally Posted by venufightsforjustice View Post
    From the essence of the original mail and subsequent clarifications, I presume that HIF wishes not only to educate people about RTI but also wants the people to carry the torch forward. However, I personally have some reservations about targetting employees of Corporates, more so in the IT sector. They are not only elite but are governed and protected by several laws of the country. There is a likelihood that there might be an element of self-containment which doesn't push people to go the extra yard.

On the contrary, the RTI should target those people who are deprived and exploited. If we are able to show some light at the end of the tunnel, I feel they will seize the opportunity quicker and firmer than others who are settled and secured.

Honestly speaking, I have been reading RTI seriously only for the past few months. I am currently trying to get the Tamil version of the RTI so that I can make a PDF file for the benefit of people who don't understand English. I am planning to circulate this file to several groups and individuals so that they should read and understand their rights with regard to matters involving them and the country.

Once I am true with this, I am willing to share it with anyone who can only understand Tamil.

Warm regards

R.Venugopalan

* I plead ignorance if my views on this subject are not comprehensive.

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

Transforming India through Transforming Individuals

4. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Quote Originally Posted by hopeindiafoundation View Post
    Hi Venu,

Thanks for your interest and comments.I partially agree with you.
    Since I am also an IT consultant and most of our members are from IT, the true feeling of the IT crowd is that they are willing to help people by money , material or by intellect.

Since the IT is too much seperated from the orginal world, a feeling of left out or meaninglessness is very high which is why such activities attract them most than others.

We are focusing IT crowd to educate on RTI and create contributor.

I totally agree that RTI has to reach the Indian home crying out for basic necessities & social justice.Our model is attract good professionals, use them to empower students and reach the society through students.

Any of your suggestions will be greatly valid.

Please advise on your interest towards RTI , your volunteership and the city you are located.We might need some help from you as well

thanks
    Alwyn
    For HIF
    Dear Alwyn,

It would be premature on my part to offer you any suggestions at the moment as I am relatively new to the whole concept.

At present, I have taken up the cause of employees getting exploited in the private health care sector. The inhuman conditions, lack of bare minimum social security like Gratuity, Bonus / Ex-gratia and even the violations of Minimum Wages Act. I didn't expect any arousing response from the people I know and hence I am not unduly perturbed about the response I have received so far.

I am trying to use RTI as a tool to bring out the facts and figures so that I have some sound inputs to decide my future course of action. I am in Chennai and currently collecting data about private health care centres throughout TN.

I am willing to be of any assistance to anyone in whatever ways possible. No strings attached.

Warm regards

R.Venugopalan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123