Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

1. Thumbs up Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Hi all,

RTI India is doing a wonderful job in spreading RTI .The organization i am associated with also doing the same job but we need to learn methods from you to improvise what we do.As of now we have reached atleast 15 top IT development centres (employees)with few success stories.We are not able make the people who we educate on RTI to pass on the RTI to others . Somebody could suggest a method of retaining them and drive them to do our business in turn.....

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

Transforming India through Transforming Individuals

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

I just could not follow your objective. Is it to train the trainers who can pass it on to others or you are in search of a method to retain them to do your business ? Firsttly you have to select and maintain an AIM. Secondly create a good infrastructure. Thirdly gather a high calibre, highly motivated, patient selfeless honest group of cityzens having at least some of the leadership qualities. If you achieve at least this much, things will fall into places. Wish you good luck.

3. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Hi There,

Glad to see your reply.

Our foremost objective with respect to RTI is each of our workshop participant should start spreading RTI.I would need a method to continuosly track all the participants, encourage them , drive them to do the same.This would make our job easy.Your method of finding the honest, dedicated,self-drived individual is a good start but that kind of people are rare and will be limited in numbers.All I want is to make a common man speak RTI and should encourage others to use it.
    If we have a method to do it atleast with 40% success(4 out of 10 individual), then we would reach the whole india at a reasonable time.

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

Transforming India through Transforming Individuals

4. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Quote Originally Posted by hopeindiafoundation View Post
    We are not able make the people who we educate on RTI to pass on the RTI to others .
    Don't expect everybody whom you educate on RTI to become a crusader. Only persons with the necessary mental aptitude ta take up a cause and work with a single minded dedication can do it. Therefore your task is to identify such persons first and then educate & train them. Otherwise you will end up only with people who find it fashionable to talk about RTI and stop with that.

Our foremost objective with respect to RTI is each of our workshop participant should start spreading RTI.I would need a method to continuosly track all the participants, encourage them , drive them to do the same.This would make our job easy.
    I think you need to devise a system of continuous two-way reporting. From the organisation side, dissemination of information and from the members side, reporting of the events of their field work. If all of you are from the same place, you can think of holding periodical meets for this purpose and issue of bulletins on case studies and clarifications. As Colonel Saheb pointed out, let your AIM be clear and work with a missionary zeal. Never ever imagine that your job would be made easy. Along with growth, problems will also crop up. But with every such problem, remember that you also get an opportunity to solve it and become more enriched in the process.
    Your method of finding the honest, dedicated,self-drived individual is a good start but that kind of people are rare and will be limited in numbers.All I want is to make a common man speak RTI and should encourage others to use it.
    The founders of this portal hosted it without any advertisement, pomp or show. Most of us landed up here through a web search and all those with the right aptitude continue with our active participation as we could understand and appreciate the purpose of this portal.
    If we have a method to do it atleast with 40% success(4 out of 10 individual), then we would reach the whole india at a reasonable time.
    No such ready made scheme will suit every group. Let your members have a brain storming on the purpose and methodology with which you want to function instead of getting one imposed from outside. That way, you ensure full participation, commitment and team work from every member. I wish you good luck in this endeavour.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

5. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Let me also mention about a NGO SWEEAR , do see the way it has positive adopted RTI act in its constitution and is implementing. People like Ganpat , Col Kurup and many more in RTI India , have indirectly inspired them to do so.

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1528-d....html#post5579

You can always find such ways , like yours seems to be another Society

They NGO is organizing RTI Awareness programmes, RTI Clinics etc and all the help is coming from RTI India posts and members.

Good luck as you are also fortunate that most experienced members have suggested your querry

6. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

We feel pround to be associated with RTI India

7. Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

A great analysis by ganpatji & colnrkurup,
    This is applicable for any social infrastructure where aim is of public good.

The bottom line with people is they are interested in themselves, find the one who self interest includes public interest.

Best wishes to sweear india.

if hopeindia can find a couple of people like abhinav then there success rate can surely go much beyond 40%.

I only want to add that one should keep faith in their dream and work tireless. Kushal has shown the way.
    Last edited by maneesh; 05-10-07 at 03:57 PM.

Re: Strategy to involve People in RTI spreading

Without the effective body of implementation of RTI we may not expect the effective implementation of RTI. What the position of Judiciary the same position will be with RTI. Whenever a person trying to work with honesty, transparency and accountability he have to face so many problems and in case he is not getting supported by any agency he will discourage. We may see the position of Consumer Protection Act etc. The similiar position will be with RTI due to present working of CIC and SIC`s.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android