Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

1. Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

In order to send a RTI Appeal to WEBEL, I went in search of its Appellate Authority. I came across a link www.itwb.org/Notifcation-manuals.doc wherefrom I collected the details of appellate authority to be Shri Vikram Sen (Special Secretary & Appellate Authority), Department of Information Technology, Government of West Bengal, 4, Camac Street (7th Floor), Kolkata – 700 016. After sending the appeal to his favour I came across another site, Welcome To RTI, WB where the official holding the Appellate Authority is found to be different in "Information Technology" tab of drop down list of the page.<o:p></o:p>
    Now I am in a dilemma whether I've addressed the concerned person or not. Will I opt for sending the same appeal to the other AA? Please advice.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?-webel-aa-jpg  

2. Re: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

Find out the last updation dates for both the web sites and that may give you some idea. Besides why not think of sending another appeal on the same matter to this new-found AA? If both of them send individual decisions on your appeal, you can have a lot of fun with that.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

linardni,

If First Appeal pertains to PIO of WEBEL, then the appeal must be to the AA of WEBEL (Salt Lake City). WEBEL is a Public Authority itself.

4. Re: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

Dear Mr. Karira,<o></o>
    I had sent my RTI application to Webel through the SIC (WB) who in turn forwarded that to Shri Paritosh Sengupta, the concerned SPIO. Upon getting no response within due time period I made the first appeal. Incidentally both the sources (webpages) mention Shri Paritosh Sengupta as the SPIO but carry different names as the Appellate Authority. Hence with due honour to Ganpatji’s advice, I’ve sent the same appeal to the other Appellate Authority also. Lets see who comes out to be the right person in this regard.
    Last edited by linardni; 06-10-07 at 08:03 PM. Reason: to delete unwanted emoticons

5. Re: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

Dear Indranil,
    Earlier I had suggested you to look at the last day of update of the websites concerned. Now when I went over the first link provided by you in your first post, I found that the notification of Shri Vikram Sen as AA is dated 16.11.2005.

Incidentally, I also went through the second link provided by you(Welcome to rti-wb). In that I found that the name of Shri Vikram Sen is now replaced by Shri Vivek Bharadwaj. As rightly pointed out by you, it mentions two AAs--Shri Vivek Bharadwaj and Shri Debanjan Datta for a single PIO Shri Paritosh Sengupta. However Shri Datta alone is concerned with WEBEL.

Now how do you like the idea of sending a third appeal, this time to Shri Bharadwaj?

6. Re: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

Dear Ganpat,
    How do you manage to provide so many suggestions etc every day to so many persons, which I really failed to understand.
    This is really a very encouraing to us. Carry on sir---. With regard Abhijeet

7. Re: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

Hello Abhijeet,
    I have a mentor(now 76years old) with a very sharp brain and extraordinary memory power. I have observed him giving advices on a variety of problems with much more ease at the shortest possible time. Despite being his disciple for the last 27 years, I have not been able to reach even 20&#37; of his capabilities. If I am able to give a suggestion that goes to help some needy person, I owe it to him. "Shri Gurubhyo Namaha".

8. Re: Two AA of WEBEL, whom to address?

I believe we all can learn a couple of things from Ganpatji

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android