Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SEBI and FII data; question regarding what to post on this site relating to frustrating RTI experience.

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: CIC asks SEBI to consider plea seeking info on FIIs

Dear Murgie,

My apologies for having posted the same article twice. But this did not appear in the lst of posted items so a mistake was there.

Regarding the issue of not coming out with the details of FIIs SEBI as an institution may not be getting anything out of hiding the details sought but there may be some individuals who might be having their vested interests in not coming out with the data.

I think that one can seek the details of persons responsible for not coming out with the details for long and not keeping the data in a format which is easily interpretable by everyone and SEBI does not have to spend time and money in getting it available to those who want to share it.

› Find content similar to: SEBI and FII data; question regarding what to post on this site relating to frustrating RTI experience.

Name:
    Murgie Krishnan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bahl_ajay View Post
    Regarding the issue of not coming out with the details of FIIs SEBI as an institution may not be getting anything out of hiding the details sought but there may be some individuals who might be having their vested interests in not coming out with the data.
    The FII data that many have sought exists with SEBI ALREADY, despite its pretending that it doesn't, and that it has to go and collect the data afresh from custodians. If you see SEBI's Reporting Guidelines for FII Transactions (in the DIRECTORY section of this website) you will find that this is part of routine compliance filings. A custodian stated plainly that SEBI had all the data and that as long as FII (i.e. investor) identity was not revealed there was no bar on SEBI from releasing any data. Only if FII identity was released would it raise the question of weighing the public interest against the right to privacy, and that may require wider consultation of the kind SEBI has on and off offered to undertake.

Quote Originally Posted by bahl_ajay View Post
    I think that one can seek the details of persons responsible for not coming out with the details for long and not keeping the data in a format which is easily interpretable by everyone and SEBI does not have to spend time and money in getting it available to those who want to share it.
    I don't understand this. "Identity" being referred to -- in the original news article and in my response -- is that of the FII (i.e. investor), not that of someone inside SEBI. SEBI does not have to do any processing work to release the compliance data sitting in its archives. To my knowledge there has never been any question relating to whether custodians in fact file compliance data with SEBI. Best,

Murgie

Name:
    AJAY KR. BAHL
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If one could see the very reason of not coming out with any information be it by the way of RTI Act or any other law or voluntarily is that, every thing is not going the way it ought to be.

If there is honesty in every work and all the jobs were being done in the manner they are meant to be there would not have been any need of any RTI Act.

It is because things are not happening in the manner they are supposed to go, that people have been seeking info from SEBI.

Name:
    S.Y. Altekar (Abhimanyu)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: SEBI and FII data; question regarding what to post on this site relating to frustrating RTI experience.

Boss Do u have fromat of FIRST Appeal That u made to SEBI

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: SEBI and FII data; question regarding what to post on this site relating to frustrating RTI experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tgbssk View Post
    Boss Do u have fromat of FIRST Appeal That u made to SEBI

Please have a look at the Directory section of the forum:

RTI Directory

Name:
    S.Y. Altekar (Abhimanyu)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I could not get any First Appeal made to AA of SEBI or Any central Govt. AA
    There is appeal given to District collector,Karimnagar and not to any of central AA
    There is some difference in formats.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Abhimanyu,

Please do not go by the title of the document.
    Kindly open them and you will find the first appeal to SEBI in ALL documents having "SEBI" in the title.

Is your First Appeal to SEBI or some other PA in the center ?

You can also read the links given in the "All about RTI" icon on the home page and the various useful articles on this subject in the "guide" section:
    RTI Guide

Name:
    S.Y. Altekar (Abhimanyu)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is to SEBI, thanx.