Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RTI may create accountability in addition to stop corruption

1. Re: RTI may create accountability in addition to stop corruption

ya it may be partly true,
    However RTI by itself will do nothing?
    When the amount of questioning is increased to a larger and larger number then it may decrease the corruption. It is the citizen's option to make work the government machinery corrupt free by coining intelligent questions. So awareness towards RTU is a prime thing.
    To add more even with this present 2nd appeals our CIC/SICs are fully loaded and if they are not provided with adequate infrastucture the fortunes of 2nd appeal will go haywire and thus axing the very genisis purpose of the act

regards
    r.l.saravanan

Re: RTI may create accountability in addition to stop corruption

Dear rlsaravanan,
    Your views shows that the working of CIC or SIC is not proper. As I think people of our country by making false presentation avoiding the actual work. In a personal hearing I met Mr. Ansari to submit my representation. A very surprising fact I want to mention here that entertaining complaints of RTI is duty of CIC under section 18 of RTI Act 2005. My complaint was registered by CIC himself. The PIO BSNL objected for non filling the first appeal. When Mr. Ansari followed to PIO I immediately responded that the complained was registered by CIC not by me. You yourself called me for personal hearing. Mr. Ansari said that we are getting 6000 complained per month. It is not possible for us to scruitinise the applications. I said him there is no value of time and money of RTI applicants. Mr. Ansari replied that whoever need the information he have to expend money and time.
    If the attitude of CIC and SIC is to provide informations to applicants there is no pressure of work.
    Dear friend it is right time to work for RTI and your devotion with RTI will pay you a lot in future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12