Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ensure compliance to section 4 of RTI 2005

Re: Ensure compliance to section 4 of RTI 2005

Dear Mr. Rajeev,
    No dobout you advised a good idea but in our country this is a practice that nothing is done on paid basis but evry thing made on free basis. We are the person who may ensure the implementation free of charge. This picture you may get reflected in developement of education etc. also.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Dear friends,
    May I request you all to come to mother earth. You are wanting something to be done forthwith which even the Architects of RTI Act were not confident enough to insist without using the terms like, " within reasonable time " " subject to availability of resources" "computerised and connected through a network " "constant endeavour " "cost effectiveness' "to the extent possible" etc.etc. I suggest you to visit some of the offices of different departments. Have little interaction with the clerical level staff. You will be surprised to find
    1. Most of them are ignorant of correct office procedure
    2. Ignorant of how to maintain a file correctly
    3. Very superfluous knowledge of the subject they are dealing with
    4. Ignorant of store accounting procedure
    5. Non-accountability for everything . You may be remembering a thread in this forum where one of the member was not very happy when I insisted that each employee should be fully accountable to the entire stores entrused to him and made responsible for any loss. This is equally applicable to files and documents one dealing
    6. The system of correct handing/taking over report of charges and files isnot followed. If some odd department like CSIR enforce it there is strict resistance.
    7. Even government has not started creating the infrastructure required as per theAct

I pesonally feel that the time is not yet ripe to go to the court or making a hue and cry of Section 4 till government is forced to create the required infrastructure, arrange training the staff and subjecting them to strict departmental tests for every stage of their promotion and increase in emoluments etc., Enforce the existing office procedure that even when a sheet of paper from file if found missing, someone is available to be accountable and to pin-point responsibility. The Britishershave lefta very good office procedure which all try to ignore

Till this is achieved requirement at Section 4(a) just cannot be fulfilled. Neither the SIC,northe CIC nor the Hon'ble judiciary will be able to rescue the cituation till the Politicians desire.
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 21-10-07 at 04:44 PM.

Dear Shri colnrkurup,
    What you post is really appreciable. A period of 60 years have been expired so far and we are giving execuse to our honourable public servants. The public servants are misusing the powers and most of the public servants behaving with public treating the public like an animal. I do want to excuse to public servants but I want to start a campaign against the public servants to make them good behavioured with indian public to whom really their owners. I expect that all friends of RTI India will come to add my campaign. Thanks to all.

4. Re: Ensure compliance to section 4 of RTI 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sngupta View Post
    I do want to excuse to public servants but I want to start a campaign against the public servants to make them good behavioured with indian public to whom really their owners. I expect that all friends of RTI India will come to add my campaign. Thanks to all.
    Dear Shri Gupta,

This portal is only meant in a very strict sense to help citizens and others in the rightful interpretation of Act and helping in the queries they have, by the shared resource of the members at large. RTI India does not support any campaign or any movement against the Government, Organization, Ministries, Department, Units, Government Officers, Government Servants, or any Official or individual citizen.

You have become a member here after agreeing to the terms outlined in the Registration rules. Kindly avoid making such posts in future
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android