Thread: Deterioration by PIO, AA may be discussed here.

Deterioration by PIO, AA may be discussed here.

I want to know the view of forum whether the letter placed in link given below is deterioration in spite of provision available at section 5(2) of RTI Act 2005.
    http://jaipur.sancharnet.in/aaocomptrjp/Examples of deterioration by PIO BSNL Jaipur.jpg
    The extract of section 5(2) is
    <TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="6%">(2)</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="6%"></TD><TD width="81%" colSpan=2>Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), every public authority shall designate an officer, within one hundred days of the enactment of this Act, at each sub-divisional level or other sub-district level as a Central Assistant Public Information Officer or a State Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, to receive the applications for information or appeals under this Act for forwarding the same forthwith to the Central Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer or senior officer specified under sub-section (1) of section 19 or the Central Information Commission or the State Information Commission, as the case may be: Provided that where an application for information or appeal is given to a Central Assistant Public Information Officer or a State Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, a period of five days shall be added in computing the period for response specified under sub-section (1) of section 7.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by sngupta; 11-10-07 at 10:26 PM.

2. Re: Deterioration by PIO, AA may be discussed here.

I am afraid the title to the post/thread is misleading. The reply of PIO/AA on one specific RTI query over the jurisdictional limits of a Disciplinary Authority in respect of a charge sheet on a govt servant that was issued a decade back does not qualify for a general discussion on RTI Act and its implementation nor can it be construed to depict the general picture of the prevailing state of RTI.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Re: Deterioration by PIO, AA may be discussed here.

Dear Shri Ganpat,
    I am discussing on the issue of PIO objection regarding My submission the CIC decision to CAPIO. It is clearly mentioned in section 5(2) that the CAPIO at the level of division and sub-division level will work to get post on behalf of CPIO or PIO. It is duty of ACPIO to forward the post immediately to PIO or CPIO. It is very safe to our friends to submit the applications to ACPIO at the level of division or subdivision. If any Govt intemediary not declared ACPIO at the level of sub-division we must ensure the declaration of ACPIO at the level of sub-division. Mr. Ganpat this is forum for discussion regarding RTI and its effect. I will not submit any post derived from RTI. The purpose of getting information is no where required and there is no need to discuss the purpose. RTI 2005 allowed to get information for events occured in the perion of previous 20 years and my events were 10 years back.

4. Re: Deterioration by PIO, AA may be discussed here.

Dear Shri Gupta,
    If you want to discuss in particular about the issue of PIO reply to your application, please enlighten us, if it pertains to a specific matter regarding support and operation of RTI or is it a general discussion on the various problems in the overall implementation of RTI. The former comes under a different section of this forum, wherein you have already raised the same issue. Please note that my observations are confined to specific vs general only and not upon the purpose or the lapsed time. They are only incidental to specific case refered above.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Re: Deterioration by PIO, AA may be discussed here.

Dear Shri Ganpat,
    I started this thread for the RTI users who is being victimised on the basis of any allegation. I think you are aware that the person asking information under RTI is treating by Govt officer like rejected person of society and these officers are trying the deteriorate the RTI users. I think you could not access the letter which was written to me in response to my letter for inspection of records. Actually PIO intetionally deteriorating me in the name of my submission of application through proper channel. The PIO wants that I have to expend some money to post the letters. My immediate superior has been warned by balming him to save my postal expenditure. Mr Ganpat I am a person having B.Com. BJMC qualification and recently I passed the CA (Inter) exam and got registered for final course. Actually my job as CA is to ensure proper information is to be supplied to general public. On completion of CA degree I will get a tool beyond RTI. At present I am working as Accounts Officer and I may be posted in audit also where I may check every records.
    " My way to live life is decided by society" I am not misusing the forum but my interaction in forum will improve the forum.