Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a provision in Post Offices to collect RTI applications and send to CPIOs

1. Re: Is there a provision in Post Offices to collect RTI applications and send to CPIOs

Yes, Please visit CONTENTS

Last edited by ganpat1956; 11-12-07 at 11:11 PM.

2. Re: Is there a provision in Post Offices to collect RTI applications and send to CPIOs

Designated post offices, [mostly HPO in district place] accept application of central govt depts/ministries. In case of central govt undertakings/organisations Post offices accept only if it has been appointed as APIO. Such list is on postal dept website. State Govts do not fall under this facility and we have to follow state rules.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: Is there a provision in Post Offices to collect RTI applications and send to CPIOs

Postal circles not necessarily coincide with Revenue Districts nor the list published is very correct. Similarly the SSPOs may not be knowing the problem. However if one contact the SSPO of the circle/District concerned, try to explain to him, give him some re-action time to assimilate or find out more details, I found them generally very cooperative and will direct one to the nearest Post Office which has an ACPIO or give out the particulars of the the Post Offices under him having ACPIOs detailed. I think RTI Activists can do a lot in having some interaction with the SSPOs near their town to organise the affairs within their jurisdiction. Most of the SSPOs appears having only a very vague idea,as this channel is very sparingly used and even such users are also not very clear of the issue.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Is there a provision in Post Offices to collect RTI applications and send to CPIOs

Several members on this forum have experienced that the ACPIO's in the Post Offices are very helpful. One will also avoid the need to stand in long queues.

Our member, mgopik, has explained in detail the procedure of filing RTI Application through the Post office. Members can read his post here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/966-rt....html#post7656

5. Re: Is there a provision in Post Offices to collect RTI applications and send to CPIOs

The CAPIO Post Office route is applicable only in case of the Central RTI Act. They would accept only those applications listed in their CAPIO RTI Module. This is around 88 Central Govt. Offices, Banks, Public Sectors and certain Societies funded 100% by the Govt.

All one needs is to obtain an Unclassified Receipt better known as ACG-67 Receipt worth Rs.10/- from any post office in the country. The receipt would be issued in your name and issued for RTI Purpose only.

Simply attach this receipt in original and hand it over to the CAPIO of the Designated Post Offices / Customer Care Centre country wide. I have made it a point to visit such Post Office in every city I visit. In many cases, my application was the first to be received in that Post Offices. The CAPIO would forward your application to the PA within 5 days, by speed post and also mark a copy to you.

Its not necessary that you have to visit the CAPIO Office in person. You can also send it my post. I usually send all my applications in one cover to the CAPIO's Office by Speed Post. It costs me less, this way, as this office is several KMs away from my place of residence.

Of all the states, I found the Post Offices of Kerala State are not very helpfull and +ve in accepting RTI Applications.

So far CAPIO of Post Offices do not accept RTI Applications meant for State Govt. However a few like Goa, one can go to the Post Office, they would ask you to pay Rs.20/-. They would simply attach Rs.10/- IPO to your application, give you a receipt of Rs.10/- for service charges and mail your application same day to the PA.

Best wishes

Manoj

Name:
    Himanshu Kumar Madrele

HI Khushal,

YOu have provided the link for online RTI.

May I know how to create an account ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "
    Through Post Office only central Ministries RTI Applications, Appeals can be filed, and is not just from Delhi. You can look at this online system here Login
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Himanshu,

You cannot use that particular interface your self to file a RTI Application.
    That is just a example given by Kushal to show that a applicant can use the Post Office route to file a RTI.

Please visit the Guide segment of this portal (link available on the top right of the home page) and read the thread "How to submit a RTI Application" in the "How to..." section.

yes,you can. this facility is available in every main post office in the area. try it once, but at the same time don't harass the postal employees too as they are already overburdened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12