Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Why we need RTI

The Citizen of our country demanding the RTI and ultimately the parliament allowed the right. Now I want to know the views of our forum friends why we need RTI where every thing is going good and every officer is very much devoted to our country and our citizen. They are thinking to develope every country citizen. I think that this RTI only wastage of energy of our honest and devoted officers. Even the RTI unnecessary creating hurdle in real working of officers. This thread is posted by me due lack of knowledge why the RTI act was needed.

› Find content similar to: Why we need RTI

Last edited by sngupta; 17-10-07 at 08:32 PM.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: Why we need RTI

RTI has been put to beneficial use by many people in different ways. Recently I came across the following enlightening views on RTI in another forum by one of its honourable members. " The use of RTI will teach the auditing also. Auditors may learn their job of audit through RTI." So I feel that we need RTI as it teaches and help others learn auditing and is thus of a great help to atleast some section of the society.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Dear shri Ganpat ji,
    Thanks for posting the need of RTI but this is post facto use of RTI and you will be happy to know that this thread was also started by me on CAclubindia. I am a student of chartered Accountant and doing job of accounts officer in BSNL. Some a member of the CAclubindia has given me a advice that I may not waste my time and keep myself touch with study of final. Who knows, if auditing bodies of our coutry working well the demand of RTI may not be emerged. I started this thread to get a good essay on need of RTI. Every one interacting in the forum are requested to please send me good essay on "need of RTI"

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Dear sngupta,
    I am with the views of your friend. You have to fix your priority first. If I had any association with you, I would have strongly advised you that passing the CA is your first and foremost priority now. The RTI is not coming in your way. So why do you want to get rid of it. Only the corrupt and lazies are afraid of RTI Act. You sure are not one of them. If you are held up for somehing you may or may not use RTI. If you got time to spare after your studies you may help others struggling to make the RTI effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Re: Why we need RTI

Quote Originally Posted by sngupta View Post
    The Citizen of our country demanding the RTI and ultimately the parliament allowed the right. Now I want to know the views of our forum friends why we need RTI where every thing is going good and every officer is very much devoted to our country and our citizen. They are thinking to develope every country citizen. I think that this RTI only wastage of energy of our honest and devoted officers. Even the RTI unnecessary creating hurdle in real working of officers. This thread is posted by me due lack of knowledge why the RTI act was needed.
    I have written a blog post about this with a simple image given below to explain in laymen's view
    Also given why it is not hurdle creating and wastage of energy.
    http://bloggerkaram.blogspot.in/2015/03/what-is-need-of-right-to-information.html
    Why we need RTI-need-rti-act-2005-page0001-jpg

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

My Dear friend,

By now the entire Nation knows role and need of RTI. If you did not find it useful, you are at liberty to ignore the act.

Name:
    MANOJ B. PATEL (Krushnanand)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    303 Post(s)

Dear member,
    The RTI is being described by most people as one of the most important pieces of legislation which makes the bureaucracy and government accountable.

No law can be of any value if it is not able to provide speedy relief to its users and not put to extensive use by the common people of that country. In India, many laws were enacted with noble intentions but unfortunately they died their own death. The prime reason for this sorry state was basically the ignorance of the common citizen of the country, the " aam aadmi" to stake their right, which the RTI Act provided to them.

If this new Act, RTI Act 2005, the sunshine Act that gives tremendous power to the "aam aadmi" to know where their hard earned money collected by government agencies through numerous means, like direct and indirect taxes, etc, goes, whether it is used in a productive manner or not, has to meet its noble intentions, then it is not only the duty of the government but other social non profit organisations and social activists rather it is their prime responsibility to let the "aam aadmi" get acquainted with the provisions of RTI Act and help them in using it effectively.
    If you do not ask, you do not get.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

Like a weapon, every law is powerful and one must learn the technic of using the weapon properly and aim at right direction. May be some times it may not work unfortunately, but we can not say the Act is not useful as we missed in our aim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast