Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second Appeal

1. Re: Second Appeal

What is the CIC website ?

2. Re: Second Appeal

The web site of Central Information Commission is cic.gov.in
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Re: Second Appeal

Not sure how useful this will be for you at this point. But the appeal itself can be sent by email to the CIC, using email-IDs on the CIC website. I sent mine on Oct 8, 2007, and got an email acknowledgment today saying it had been received on 16th Oct, 2007. Given the 6-to-9-month delays others have experienced even in getting an acknowledgment I suppose this is an improvement. From the case status posted on the CIC website, I gather that cases are classified (by them) as "normal" or "urgent." Mine was only counted as normal. If something's regarded as urgent perhaps the CIC would respond faster. Best, -Murgie

4. Re: Second Appeal

In whose name and address, should we send the second appeal documents, can we get acknowledgement for these submitted papers.

Re: Second Appeal

On the CIC website are several email-IDs (I picked user-IDs whabibullah, lcsinghi, pkp.shreyaskar, ritasinha). You should note that I was not sure who would be the relevant Commissioner for my case, so I decided to email my appeal (separately) to several people. From some communication I got back from the CIC, I noticed my request seeking an acknowledgment was copied to user-ID = dc.singh, so that may also be a useful email-ID. They did take time to acknowledge my appeal and send me a "Case Number" (I sent stuff on Oct 8, and got back an acknowledgment only on Nov 29). But given the experience that others have reported I gather that that is not too bad, given how overburdened the CIC currently is. Best, -Murgie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android