Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I submitted one RTI application but no response from Pio

1. I submitted one RTI application but no response from Pio

It's time after second appeal. pl. advice
    I submitted one RTI application on 10/05/07, but no response from PIO & A.A even after 1<SUP>st</SUP> appeal. Then after 2<SUP>nd</SUP> appeal SIC directed PIO to explain the matter within 15 days on 13<SUP>th</SUP> Sept, 2007. But till date nothing received from any body. What should be the procedure thereafter or how it should be drafted for submission to the SIC --- Abhijeet

Re: I submitted one RTI application but no response from Pio

Dear Shri Abhijeet,
    The users of RTI are being given secondary treatment every where and there is no organisation to help against victimization. I am trying to make an association of RTI voluteers so that no one can dare to treat RTI users as secondary person. In some cases joint efforts are needed to implement the RTI. Actually till to day there is no body who is looking after the proper implementation of RTI. The position of indian judiciary is very poor and it is only reason we are help less every where.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

I had faced the same situation. I had filed a Complaint under Section 18(1) to SIC. Nothing happened subsequently; but the cituation of your SIC may not be as bad as that in Kerala. I suggest you to file a complaint before your SIC under Section 18(1). It will be better if you pray for imposition of the penalties under Section 20 in addition to other relevent prayers. You may endorce its copies to PIO and AA also which might compel them to act.

Dear Shri colunkurup,
    As per my views after thorough study of RTI 2005 the CIC/SIC may award penalty only when the second appeal under section 19 of RTI act 2005.
    It is suggested to every one please submit first appeal to appeallate authority and then file the second appeal to CIC/SIC.

Name:
    Vinod Kumar Garg
    Blog Entries

This is usual in all the departments and RTI act being treated at par as other laws exists by this IAS or administrative personnals.Even our Govt. treating this law a burden on their soldier.But some activities are doing good job to keep alive this Act under all odd circumstances.Thanks to them.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

vkgarg,

Please note that the last post in this thread (before your post) was in Oct 2007 !
    Twitter: @cjkarira

7. Re: I submitted one RTI application but no response from Pio

Quote Originally Posted by vkgarg View Post
    This is usual in all the departments and RTI act being treated at par as other laws exists by this IAS or administrative personnals.Even our Govt. treating this law a burden on their soldier.But some activities are doing good job to keep alive this Act under all odd circumstances.Thanks to them.
    After 3 years' experience of RTI activities,I am convinced that most of our ( if not all) POIs and FAAs don't bother at all to furnish proper information; they really think that this 'FALTU' RTI act is really a burden to them . And when PIO friendly SIC 'acts' properly(!), what is the necessity of providing any information at all? One of our friends recently received one letter from the concerned SPIO , who requested the applicant to submit the copy of one letter, which the applicant asked to provide and obviously that letter was issued from the concerned Public Authority. How one SPIO could write such type of letter with such an absurd request ?
    Last edited by abhijeet; 15-09-10 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typing error

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries

If applicant himself is not active and knowledgeable enough to proceed with the various stages of the RTI process, he cannot expect the desired results from the PIO/FAA/CIC/SIC.

If you do not use the appealing mechanism properly and argue your case properly, you are about to face such problems. You cannot blame the RTI Act for your own failures and your half will to go by it. RTI has unearthed the major revelations and continue to do so.

You cannot pierce a nail in the wall from its Head Side how much harder you hammer it. You have to point the Pointer side of the nail on the wall to have it fixed on the wall.

Similar is the case with the RTI. Use it properly and knowledgeably and see for the results for your self.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android