Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know

1. i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know

i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know if want i will forwerd you

2. Re: i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know

Ignore that mail. It is part of an internet swindle that has been going on for several years.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know

Also ignore ALL emails coming from anyone claiming to be wife/son/etc of some minister somewhere who left behind a lot of money in some account and seeking your help in retrieving it....

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Re: i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know

I have been getting above types of e-mails on an average of 3 per week. Even yester-day I got one from one bank employ promiissing to share millions with me if I help him to transfer the money from some dead account expressing that he has absolutefaithinme etc.. These are absolute frauds.The anount is millions. Some time it is even from coco cola, microsoft etc. For a fun if you respond, the concerned will speak to you convincingly telling you that they have sent the ambassoder to you who will be contacting you and someone will contact you to fix the place where the parcel tol be delivered, of cource demanding the postage and insurance charges. These are all frauds. Efforts to report to Interpol or theEmbassy of the concerned states or the genuine company like coco cola etc., will not be of any use. Unless you wish to have the first hand experence of this fraud, please ignore it. Under any circumstance please donot sent a penny in advance. Still if you insistit it as genuine please proceed without senting a penny in advance. You may promiss hem to pay all charges after you receive the lotery of millions or you may tell them to deduct all charges with interest from the gross amount. It is a fun to experience someone trying a fraud assuming you tobe aninnoscent man.
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 21-10-07 at 07:37 AM.

5. Re: i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know

I wonder if somebody did try to go to logical conclusion with these mails?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    It is a fun to experience someone trying a fraud assuming you tobe aninnoscent man.
    Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    I wonder if somebody did try to go to logical conclusion with these mails?
    Carrying on a bit too far can become dangerous in such cases...
    I remember a case (a few years ago) of someone from Gujarat who travelled all the way to Nigeria after being ensnared in a similar trap. He was kidnapped and his family back home was asked to pay a big ransom. Finally the Indian Embassy in Lagos got involved and the person was released.

7. Re: i am receiving mail from uk that i have won the lottery these email are true pl let me know

That is a serious issue worth explained by you Karira.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Yes. I have gone into it. These are frauds to extract some money from a large number of illogical greedy people. These e-mails and its persuations are so efficient that a large number of them believe it as true. The offeres areof millions. In the process they make the culprit to deposit fairly good sum as insurance and other charges. In one case I had gone to the extend of sending a prescribed for by registered post toSouth Africa. After a month it has come back undelivered. In one case Ihad warned them to contact Interpol and in another case to contact their Embassy. In both cases they vanished. My son-in law from Abudhabi has told me that some the employees working therehad lost the money they had paid. Unless the Government Agency is involved in locatting them innoscent people become prey. Some of hem appears working from India only.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android