Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I point out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Should I point out?

Quote Originally Posted by vashisthvivek View Post
    Moreover, the SIC have the directory of all the Public Authorities and their PIOs/APIOs and AAs.
    I’m not sure what directory do the SIC have with them. I would like to share my experience in this matter through the following link:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1756-c...g-address.html

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by linardni View Post
    I’m not sure what directory do the SIC have with them. I would like to share my experience in this matter through the following link:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1756-c...g-address.html
    Well, they have the incorrect directory ! (He He He He)

linardni, why are you worried whether they have taken it as a "complaint" or a "first appeal". They have already written to the PA and PIO to provide information to you.

All that you are doing now (post facto) is to remind/inform the SIC that their instructions are not being followed by the PIO as well as pointing out that the PIO does not answer anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the above discussion, it is clear that the working of the WBSIC is not up to date. They commit mistakes while sending the application to the PIOs. They themselves try to decide the first appeals and so on. When Mr. Linardni submitted application with quotation "First appeal under the RTI Act", the Commission had to forward it to the AA, but the Commission took cognizance itself on the appeal.
    In such circumstances, the application can both be treated as complaint or the appeal. If it is treated as a complaint, the Commission may inquire into the matter and if it is treated as appeal, then the Commission will affort an opportunity of hearing to the applicant or it will be disposed of as per the procedure laid down in the rules made by the W.B. Govt. However, I would like to make it clear that it the Commission treated it as an appeal, then the applicant will lose its right of second appeal or further appeal as no appeal lies from the decision of the Commission.
    In such cases the only remedy is to approach HC under Article 226.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android