Thread: Are state PF departments covered under RTI act?

1. Question Are state PF departments covered under RTI act?

Hi,
    I am a new member, i want to know if the PF departments are covered under RTI or not?
    My problem is that i have not been able to get the PF from my previous employer. When i contacted them, they said that all documents have been submitted to PF dept. and a cheque was issued by PF dept. But i confirmed with my Bank that no cheque was deposited in my account. So now my previous employer is asking me to contact PF dept (Mumabai), but like all other govt. offices no one picks up the phone there. I am located in Bangalore. I don't know what to do.
    Please advice me on this.
    I will be highly thankful to you.
    Thanks

2. Re: Are state PF departments covered under RTI act?

Hello Nagmahesh,

The PF department very much comes under the purview of RTI Act. In the past several members have raised similar questions in this forum about non receipt of PF. Kindly go through the discussions in the following threads which will be of a lot of use to you.

How can RTI help me?
    Regarding status of the EPF transfer
    How to check my Employee Provident Fund balance?
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

3. Thumbs up Re: Are state PF departments covered under RTI act?

Hi Sir,

Thanks a lot for such a quick response. This is highy appreciable. Please let me know if i can contribute something for this site or RTI...

Once again thanks a lot

One small thing - In your reply you gave me some links related to old similar questions. But when i click on them, it says "page not found"

Thank you Sir

4. Re: Are state PF departments covered under RTI act?

How can RTI help me?

Regarding status of the EPF transfer

How to check my Employee Provident Fund balance?

I have reposted the links, Please check up if it opens now.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android