Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

rupa4u2nv,

RTI will help you in getting more information as to why your passport took so long as well as probably expedite the passport issuance.

You can then use the information so obtained to pursue a case for compensation.

2. Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

Rupa,
    I will get back to you with the letter you can post to the authrorities.You can expidete your passport issuance process and also claim compensation for your loss(this might take longer time since you need to go legal case)

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

Transforming India through Transforming Individuals

3. Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

Hi Rupa,

I ahve sent the application i shaped to you through a private message since i couldnt reply this thread by copying the application.
    I will also create applications to folllow up on the escalations and complaints you have given on this soon

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

4. Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

Quote Originally Posted by hopeindiafoundation View Post
    Rupa,
    I will get back to you with the letter you can post to the authrorities.You can expidete your passport issuance process and also claim compensation for your loss(this might take longer time since you need to go legal case)
    Hi Rupa,

I ahve sent the application i shaped to you through a private message since i couldnt reply this thread by copying the application.
    I will also create applications to folllow up on the escalations and complaints you have given on this soon

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

5. Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

Quote Originally Posted by rupa4u2nv View Post
    hi Joseph,

My passport application date is: 16 April, 2007
    File Number is: F 006419

I had received my Management course admission confirmation letter from Swansea University, UK. I met the PRO showing that and requested for early issuance of the passport on 2nd July. I was assured that the passport will be issued on 12th July and will subsequently be despatched in the next 2-3 days. The passport status on the official website is still showing as "Passport was ready on 12-07-2007." (Passport Enquiry Status, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India) When I went to the passport office I was told that the police verification officer had recommended the issuance of the passport only after my permanent address verification. Therefore I was advised to submit Personal Particular forms in triplicate so that the Ghaziabad office could send the verification to my permanent address of Lucknow. No verification has been sent to Lucknow till date. Faxes and emails to RPO ghaziabad and Chief passport officer, New Delhi have yielded no results. I also sent in an email largely containing the contents of my first post to these emails:
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    ----------
    For reference, these emails are of Prime Minister, Sonia Gandhi, Pranab Mukerjee Minister MEA, Chairman NHRC, Cheif passport officer of India, Director of CBI, DGP UP, SSP Gautam Budh Nagar(Noida). Apparently, none of these authorities have any time to read/ reply/ take action on such a small issue of a lowly citizen's career.

One of my friends, who is in the Army, suggested me to use the RTI for this. During my net search in this regard, I happened to find this RTI forum and sought advice. I would appreciate if you could guide me through the produre and the questions formulation for the RTI application to the RPO Ghaziabad enquiring the steps taken or not taken by them; and also an RTI to the SSP Noida about the verification report prepared by his subordinate passport verification sub inspector.

Thanks and regards,

Rupa

Hi did you get the application form i drafted for u

Hope India Foundation
    Chennai

6. Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

Yes, and thank you sir.

7. Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

Can you kindly send the draft application via email to us at admin[at]rtiindia.org, so that I upload in the post?

8. Re: Passport Delay Jeopardizing Career

I sent it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android