Can somebody tell me who the PIO is for the Ghaziabad passport office? And in whose name shall I make the DD or bank order for the RTI fee. Can the RTI fee and the photocopy charges be paid by same DD/ BO i.e can make one DD of say - Rs 40/- that includes Rs 10/- for RTI application fee and Rs 30/- for appx 15 pages of photocopies? (I am not sure how many photocopies would be there or if any at all would be needed)
Furthermore - Can my husband visit the passport office, with my authority letter, to file the RTI application on my behalf?
2. The PIO for Ghaziabad Passport Office can be located at: RTI
3. Please call the PIO and ask him in whose name should you make the D/D
4. First you have to make a RTI Application and only pay the cost for that since as you yourself state that you do not know how many copies are required by you.
5. I suggest that in your RTI application also put in a line like..."During the inspection I would like to get certified copies of certain pages, correspondance, file notes, interoffice memos or other documents. I am willing to pay the charges for such copies as per the prevalent rules and as informed to me by the PIO with a reasoned order and communicated to me"
Once you are informed what extra charges you have to pay, please ask the PIO as to whose name should the payment be and in what form.
Make the payment and get the certified photocopies.
6. A applicant has to file the application in person. Your husband cannot represent you in making a application. However, he can hand over the application as long as it is signed by you...(I am not too sure about this, so I will not take the risk !)
Alternatively, if both of you want to avoid going personally to Ghaziabad, please send the application alongwith the application fees by REGISTERED POST AD and make sure that the AD card comes back to you duly signed & stamped as proof that your application was recieved by the PIO.