Thread: RTI letter acceptance by PIO

1. RTI letter acceptance by PIO

Hello,
    I went to hand over my letter at Grampanchayat office under RTI but the clerk present at office said that letter can be personally accepted by Gramsevak or secretary only and so I have to send it by registered post. By sending it by registered post it cost me Rs.25.I knew that it was done only to buy time..Can someone tell me if only the concerned officer should accept the RTI letter or his office should accept it?

2. Handover RTI form.

Hello,
    I went to Grampanchayat office to handover my RTI query form. But the clerk present in office answered me that he is not authosrised to accept the form. So I sent it through regsitered post and had a cost of Rs.25. Can someone tell me is the grampanchayat clerk not authorised to accept the RTI form on behalf of Gramsevak or secretary.

Re: Handover RTI form.

He can accept your application but as you address to the PIO ' the clerk may fear of RTI matter' It is better to hand over to the PIO directly and take the acknowledgement.Dont forget to take the acknowledgement slip. If the PIO will not be there then it is the duty of concerned office to do the alternative.(leave/like that)

Sent from my SM-G550FY using RTI INDIA mobile app

4. Re: Handover RTI form.

The concerned Despatch Clerk/ Supdt is bound to provide a stamped receipt with signature as per rules and regulations.
    Always remember, what citizen should focus is "Information" "Information" "Information"

Do not be disturbed by trivial issues involved by employees. Our Super Moderator Hon CJ Karira always advised members " Never" "Never" visit Public Authority on RTI work". Use traditional post. We simply carry his message to others.

5. Re: RTI letter acceptance by PIO

How much time your Gram Panchayat has bought while they received application by post ?
    File another RTI application to same Gram Panchayat and seek information as follows:
    Information solicted:
    1.Please provide the laid down procedure for accepting RTI application through personal delivery at Gram Panchayat with copy of such circular/order/directives.

6. Re: RTI letter acceptance by PIO

For further guidance in drafting and filing RTI Applications, please refer to following links >

>> How to Fill RTI Application
    >> How to locate Public Information Officer under RTI
    >> Sample RTI Applications
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

7. Re: RTI letter acceptance by PIO

Apart from Registered Post You can also send it by Speed Post or any other Courier Service which provides acknowledgment.

We had suggest, avoid going personally and instead prefer to use Speed / Registered Post mode for RTI process, even if it costs some amount of money to you.
    "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." -- Confucius

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android