Name:
    Sajib Nandi
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Protection to RTI activists: Karnataka HC directs Umapathi S. to approach Home dept

Read the related news article at: Protection to RTI activists: Petitioner told to approach Home dept

› Find content similar to: Protection to RTI activists: Karnataka HC directs Umapathi S. to approach Home dept

Impossible Im possible

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Protection to RTI activists: Karnataka HC directs Umapathi S. to approach Home dept

@umapathi.s who is the one who filed the contempt petition in Karnataka High Court is a very old member of this portal.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Protection to RTI activists: Karnataka HC directs Umapathi S. to approach Home dept

The issue of framing policy for protection of RTI Activists/Whistleblowers etc have been pending since December 2012 when the High Court of Karnataka took up suo moto PIL and ordered framing of policy as early as possible. despite this no action hence, I moved the Contempt petition before High Court which was disposed by non speaking order. Again considering the ongoing attacks on RTI Activists AND murder, I submitted the representation which was not replied. Therefore, I finally approached the High Court by way of PIL. Though the representation was made by me earlier , the Court again directed me to approach the Home Department for relief. I have submitted new representation yesterday to the Home department which is required to initiate action in this regard within three months. the copy of the judgement of high court is attached herewith for kind reference of the readers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    963 Post(s)

Sir,
    Can you please inform in what way the present HC disposal is helpful and remedy for all the attacks ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

SIR,
    You may recollect here that the State of Haryana has framed similar policy based on the high Court judgment in the year 2011. the said policy is quite comprehensive and contains the procedures to ascertain the threat perception level by way committee. if implemented properly those who are facing genuine threat be given security. the demand in the petition is to implement the policy on the lines of Haryana Govt. you may go through the policy of Haryana attached herewith for your ready reference.

The state govt replied that it would frame similar policy in 2013 itself. the copy is also attached for your reference along with translated copy.

please suggest some measures so that suitable policy be framed at national level applicable to all the states.
    Attached Files Attached Files