Thread: No security deposit refunded by airtel

1. No security deposit refunded by airtel

Sir my name is alok jain i have a postpaid connection no which was airtel postpaid whose no was XXXXXXXXXX. Which is discontinued by me in october 2016. In which my security deposit was amount of rs 7500.00 as per company they issued me a cheq on dt 14/11/2016 which is not received by me and not deposited in my bank account. I have mail to company email id since febuary 2017 to 10/03/2017 i received too many responses to neft my security deposit refund in my account in mails company has taken me my bank details also. And given me the time before 28/02/17 but security deposit not refunded again i did a mail then company give me the time of 06/03/17. Again i do not receive any neft till given time in my bank account i mail again then i receive response to neft will be receive in my bank account by 10/03/17 till 08:00 pm as usuall agian i do not receive any refund back in my bank account till today 18/03/2017 08:45 am so you are requested to do some need and kind in this metter and also want to know why my refund amount not received to me.
    Thanking you
    alok jain

Last edited by RAVEENA_O; 18-03-17 at 09:20 PM.

Re: No security deposit refunded by airtel

Approch to any Airtel authorised outlet i.e. Airtel store and they will guide you. You can approach to District Consumer Forum about your grievance.

Sent from my SM-G550FY using RTI INDIA mobile app

3. Re: No security deposit refunded by airtel

Issue a Registered notice under CP Act demanding for Refund of Security deposit within 15 days with interest at 18% per annum, and compensation of Rs.5,000/- for harassment. You will certainly get your refund within 15 days.
    Registered notice under CP Act.

To

1.This complainant was provided Airtel connection with Number................in the name of.......................
    2.As I have discontinued the connection in Oct,2016, the security deposit has to be refunded to me at the earliest as per the terms and conditions.
    3.This complainant has sent e mails and reminders on the following dates, for which there is no response, and the cheque purported to have been issued in my name never reached me.
    Dates of Reminders through Mails.

4.The complainant hereby demands for immediate refund of deposit through Bank demand draft or credit to his Savings Bank Account No..............with...................Bank, IFSC code, through RTGS, within 15 days from date of this notice.
    5.If refund is not received before 31-3-2017, this complainant will be constrained to file complaint before District Consumer Forum, demanding security deposit, interest @ 18% from Nov,16 and compensation of Rs.10,000/- towards costs and mental agony caused by the company through harassment. Further the subscriber may also be forced to file a complaint to TRAI and in other forums about the complacent attitude of the company towards subscribers, advising Public to desist taking connections with the company.

Complainant.
    Full address:

Re: No security deposit refunded by airtel

airtel is a private institution and not a public authority for RTI and therefore Approach the consumer forum where you will get quick decision and also comphensation for the troubles they have given you all these months.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android