Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

1. Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

Hi,

When I requested information for the basis on which couple of GOs have been passed by State Home Department, they rejected my RTI citing Sec. 8(1)(i) of the RTI Act. I would like to know whether a citizen has the right to know the basis and data based on which GOs are passed or not.

-Lx

2. Re: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

If the data/material includes a"Cabinet papers including records of deliberations of the council of Ministers, secretaries and other officers" this is exempted under Sec. 8 (1) (i)
    Can you please post the query for knowledge of members. So that we can think of alternatives like recommendations made as they may not come under this exemption.

3. Re: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

Hi,

Enclosed is the RTI and the G.O.s that are referred to.
    First Appeal has already been filed around the same time the RTI denial letter reached me, since 30-days have passed already.

However, while the RTI reply has been received from PIO & Asst Secy to Govt, Home (General.A) Dept of A.P. Govt, I have sent the FA to the same PIO I mentioned in this RTI (since I dont have information about this PIO at the time of filing FA). Is this ok?

Thank you
    Lx
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Re: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

First Appeal has already been filed around the same time the RTI denial letter reached me, since 30-days have passed already.
    FAA can take 45 days time for reasons stated and to me it appears that FAA orders are still pending.
    It is not clear as to whether First Appeal was filed after receiving PIO response or on deemed denial after 30 days.
    If First Appeal has been filed before receiving PIO response, another letter styled as Addendum to First Appeal can be filed after receiving the denial of PIO further which is permitted.
    It is presumed that you have no further information or FAA orders as you have sent to PIO as you are not aware of FAA orders. But, PIO must have responded in his denial on first Appeal. If PIO has provided FAA particulars, file another addendum as above to concerned FAA as that was stated in PIO reply of denial.

As Second Appeal decision takes lot of time explore all alternatives at FAA level.
    You can seek the application and report of joint collector of Krishna for the time being as fresh application to SPIO, JC, Krishna.

5. Re: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

Addendum to FA sent to FAA with a copy to PIO.
    Thank you for the best advice Prasadji.

6. Re: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected-faa-reply-home-dept-jpg

The FAA says that Home Dept issued the GOs based on the proposals of District Collector to them! Please review their replies to the information requested and suggest me the best course of action.

It would be interesting to mention here that I sent two more RTIs, one to District Collector and another to Municipal Commissioner, requesting the details of permissions given by their offices regarding this project and PIOs are tight-lipped till date. In response to the FA to my RTI to Collector, I am asked to appear for the hearing this week.

As I dig deeper, the plot gets more interesting!

-Lx

7. Re: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

There is no alternative You have asked for specific permission / Appraisal / recommendation letter which they must provide it if it is on record.
    Go for second appeal, as PIOs always play Tom and Jerry game, as there is no APIC and it may take 4 years for you in getting such information.
    If you are capable of spending money, file write before APHC. if you want immediate action or explore other cheap methods to expose them other than RTI.

For me, deputing competitive representative is the only solution to dig facts from the files. You may have to file a new / fresh RTI seeking such inspection of entire files relevant to the issue, and getting such copies certified or through your digital camera,

8. Re: Basis for GOs passed by State Home Dept - Rejected

I filed a fresh RTI to Home (Gen.A) Dept, requesting the foll. details:
    -------------------------------------
    BACKGROUND:

While replying to my first appeal, the First Appellate Authority of Home (General.A) Department, AP Government has mentioned some details as per Letter. No.17168/Genl.A/A1/2017-2 dated 01-05-2017 (enclosed herewith).

In light of the above description, I request the following information from you:
    1. Certified copies of proposals of Collector, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh received by your department related to both the G.O.s.
    2. Certified copies of proposals of Collector, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh and the remarks of the MD, AP State Film Television and Theatre Development Corporation and AP Film Chamber of Commerce based on which the G.O. related to single window clearance to mini-theatres was issued.
    ------------------------------------

To which I rcvd a reply from PIO dated 17.07.2017 as follows:

"With reference to your Application cited, it is informed to you that copies of correspondence with District Collector, Krishna and others as requested in the application cited can't be certified by Government. In the circumstances, it is requested to approach them for getting the required information."

Is the PIO correct in saying so?
    - Lx

Lx is to Law as Rx is to Medicine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android