Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Seeking PIOs of Bombay Stock Exchange

There have been many news stories in the press -- and even on this site (see e.g. http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/914-st...under-rti.html) -- indicating that stock exchanges are now deemed to be public authorities for purposes of the RTI Act (2005). But I've been scouring the exchange websites for several months now, to see if there will be any RTI related information -- in particular the names of PIOs and the CPIO? My interest is primarily with the Bombay Stock Exchange at this point (as the other big exchange, NSE, on its own provides a lot of data, at a lag of 6-8 weeks, at very nominal cost, through its Research Department)? I can find absolutely nothing related to the RTI Act on any exchange's website.

QUESTION: Does anyone know who the CPIO of the Bombay Stock Exchange is? If this information is not available on the exchange's website, what other avenue does one have, to find this out? If no such person has been appointed, what option do I have in placing an RTI query? Also, while many news stories have talked about exchanges now being regarded as public authorities, is there some "official" confirmation of this -- some list of of PAs where we can now see the exchanges also listed? Please help. Thanks. Best,

Murgie

› Find content similar to: Seeking PIOs of Bombay Stock Exchange

Name:
    Murgie Krishnan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Seeking PIOs of Bombay Stock Exchange

From another thread on this site (http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/914-st...under-rti.html) I gather the CIC decision has been stayed by the courts. Sorry for my earlier post. Best, -Murgie