Thread: Obc income criteria

1. Obc income criteria

How to calculate income for obc and what income I must consider. Only my father is group c employee in railway with salary more than 6.5 lakh and no other income or wealth tax.

2. Re: Obc income criteria

Only creamy layer is defined. As far as Govt Servants are concerned, Group-A officers and those entered in Group-B service before age of 40 years are considered to be under Creamy Layer. Those who are not under these categories are considered eligible for issuance of OBC NCL certificate. Group-C employee is not under Creamy Layer irrespective of income. Income test is required for those categories, which are not specifically defined. However, your eligibility for such a certificate must necessarily be decided by Tahsildar concerned after verification and specific assessment. Members of this portal cannot decide your eligibility.

Please apply to revenue authorities (Tahsildar or equivalent) of your place of ordinary residence, in prescribed format for obtaining OBC Non-creamy layer certificate with mandatory documents. You must mention the purpose for which the certificate is being sought i.e. for Educational purpose or for employment purpose. It is for the Revenue authorities concerned to decide your eligibility and issue OBC NCL certificate in format prescribed by Central Government / DoPT.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android