Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

1. Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

@koteswararaonerella ji,

Filing a PIL has to be done by a competent HC Advocate who can stand by us till the end. Advice of karira ji, prasad ji and other senior members here who are aware of the process of taking this the legal route would definitely be helpful to us. On my part, I filed RTIs to the following on this subject so far:

1. Ministry of Home, GOI (Legal Affairs PIO) - Filed
    2. Governor, AP & Telangana - Filed
    3. CMO, Andhra Pradesh - Filed
    4. CMO, Telangana - To File

Do send me a private message here if another such meeting is planned regarding filing PIL and I would be glad to attend and be part of it. Doing it collectively might add more strength to the cause.

-Lx

2. Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

We are all mostly spectators that clap where as superstar is Hon. CJ Karira.
    Knowing that no one cares for our correspondence using time, energy and hard earned money on such futile exercises is not wise.
    How unfortunate to remind Govt. their duty ?

3. Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

A PIL filed by Center for Good Governance on this issue is coming up for hearing on 27th June 2017
    (in telugu)

I think it is a collective effort where we all have to exert pressure in all forms till the goal is achieved.
    I will share the result of my efforts (if any) and I request all others to share theirs.
    - Lx

Lx is to Law as Rx is to Medicine.

4. Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

This news was covered in to-days thread titled APIC in English. also.

5. Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

Copy of the information appearing in another thread on similar issue to Reply No.19

The Forum for Good Governance has filed a Public interest Litigation petition before High Court of Telangana and AP praying for appointment of Information commissioners.

As on Apr,2017 there were more than 11,000 second appeals pending for hearing at APIC.

Till Apr,17 in addition to Chief Information Commissioner, there were 5 Information commissioners, out of which two commissioners completed their term and three commissioners appointments were cancelled by Apex Court. As of now there is only one Chief Information Commissioner who may also vacate after his term within few months, and as such there are no information commissioners in APIC.

The petitions submitted by various citizens before Hon.Governor for appointment of sufficient number of Information commissioners were gathering dust.As there is no scope for such appointments, the forum has prayed intervention of HC, considering the difficulties of thousands of appellants

Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

for the kind information of karira ji and other members I am to state that a PIL has been filed by sri Padmanabaiah under the banner of Forum for good governance 3-4 days back on the appointment of the SIC which my come before high court shortly.

7. Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

Rcvd reply from 2. Governor, AP & Telangana on this. Enclosed is my RTI and their reply.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - Lx

Lx is to Law as Rx is to Medicine.

8. Re: Sorry state of Andhra Pradesh Information Commission

Are you happy and satisfied with the reply and that Chief secretaries shiver for such Hon Governor's letter and immediately appoint ICs for both states ? (Remembering Kabali's dialogue of old movie rowdies )

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android