Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RTI applicability to Apex sports association like IOA, BCCI , MBA ,BAI etc

1. RTI applicability to Apex sports association like IOA, BCCI , MBA ,BAI etc

I would like to know Is Maharashtra Badminton Association (MBA) and Badminton Association of India (BAI) are declared as public authority under the RTI act. There is no information about APIO and SPIO on their website.
    office"
    BAI is apex body for controlling Badminton game in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1>India</st1>lace</st1:country-region>. MBA is affiliated to BAI and Maharashtra Olympic Association.
    <o></o>How I can proceeds in this case. Are there any clarification / circular on including such sport association under RTI act by the government or by State or Central Information Commission?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI applicability to Apex sports association like IOA, BCCI , MBA ,BAI etc

gaydhanjay,

IOA has been classified as a PA under the RTI Act. Please see:
    https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_28112006_3.pdf

SAI is also a PA:
    https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_04122006_12.pdf

I think best would be to make a application to MBA or BAI asking for your information. If they reject or do not reply, then you can always go toSIC or CIc and compain under Section 18.

Like body corporates their Audited Balance Sheets are neded to be published on the Net.These are the bodies which receive huge grants and sponsorships, where the proper utilisation of funds need to be under public scrutiny and scanner.

4. Re: RTI applicability to Apex sports association like IOA, BCCI , MBA ,BAI etc

I think it is very important these organisation are under RTI as they claim and represent INDIA when they go out.
    We all know the amount of money in many sports and the money does't reach the sportsman nor its spectors comfort.

The BCCI is a money minting company. National pride doesn't matter to them. The Government of India should dissolve this so called "B Company" which is led by a bunch of crooks for whom " India – Na sunai deta hai na dikhai deta hai". The only thing they see is Money. I been told that these organisations family members enjoy flight tickets/hotel and other benefits.
    i too agree start filing.. in view of growing irregularities..
    Regards,
    Rejimon.
    CHAKDE INDIA...

Rejimon CK
    Sector 22
    Dwarka, ND-77

5. Re: RTI applicability to Apex sports association like IOA, BCCI , MBA ,BAI etc

i checked on SAI website Welcome to Sports Authority of India. they are complied with CIC order its made with more flash site..and not informative as it should be.
    Rejimon CK
    Sector 22
    Dwarka, ND-77

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

There is a matter regarding the Roller Skating Federation of India pending before the CIC. CIC has asked the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs to clarify if this is a PA as defined in the RTI Act...based on grants form the Government and the expenditure.

The full decision is attached to this post:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3050-s...html#post10645

Dear Dr. Kushal Pathak,

Dear Mr. Kaushik and all sports pesons,

I wish all the postings related to Sports querries are put under one head. I wish to share my experiences and give details as under:

I was suspended by All India Chess Federation But I did not get the rules either from AICF or the Minisktry of Youth and Sports even after trying 5 times under RTI Act. Finally MY&S informed they can not provide copy of Consitituiopn of AICF.

Pl note, every year GOI is providing grants to Sports federations including AICF worth crores. Sports Policy 2001 clearly mentions that to get these grants, or permissions for parjticipation in international games etc., the Federation must be registered, must have a valid constitution and same must be submitted to GOI. Now, I wonder, how the Ministry is providing grants and under what rules.

It may be surprising but as it stands, today, Mr. Srinivasan, Secretary of BCCI is also holding the post of President AICf, another national federation in contravention of Govt. Guidelines.

I wish, what course we can have.

yours darshan gupta

p.s. I have filed a writ in the Delhi High Court and all documents can be provided if so desired. I am also ready to pay my part of the contribution, if any to resove this issue.

thanks and regards

darshan

It is of National Shame that the greedy Ministers are interested only in sports which mints money. BCCI is a classic example which had been squeezed dry by these people. Who maintains the accounts and who does audit of these expenses? Is it not a National Property to be under the scanner of CAG? Should not a rich body subsidise other sports? Why PM and President is a mute spectator in this country? What power the people of this country has? Are people the servants of Politicians and influential goons? Unluckily this is the Truth!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android