Topic Identifier

Thread: RTI with a case in judiical magistrate court-

1. RTI with a case in judiical magistrate court-

below is from a good friend -
    -------------------
    sir,
    i want to file a RTI for a gold theft case,15 sovereigns, pending in a court for close to 2 yrs.i am the victim. RTI with police gave the court case number. who should i send the RTI to.?
    this is with the judicial magistrate court
    can you please help me with sample question as this is being my first time filing the case.
    will this RTI help in any way in the court taking seriousness on my case and giving a push to police to resolve it.
    or should i directly go and meet the public prosec in this case?

- - - Updated - - -

[ some minor correction below]
    below is from a good friend -
    -------------------
    sir,
    i want to file a RTI for a gold theft case,15 sovereigns, pending in a judicial magistrate court in tamilnadu for close to 2 yrs.i am the victim. RTI with police gave the court case number. who should i send the RTI to.?
    this is with the judicial magistrate court
    can you please help me with sample question as this is being my first time filing a RTI with a court.
    will this RTI help me in any way in the court taking seriousness on my case and giving a push to police to resolve it.
    or should i directly go and meet the public prosec in this case?

2. Re: RTI with a case in judiical magistrate court-

You are an affected party entitled to such information.
    Apply for certified copies of entire proceedings as application for CC through any Advocate as per Court procedure.
    RTI is not valid, as the court had it's well laid down, time tested procedures even before enactment of RTI Act.
    Depending on the case, contact your advocate and file application through Court for expeditious investigation in the matter , but do not expect that you will get entire lost ornaments, as gold can not remain as it was when stolen, and within hours they will change the shape and one can not identity the Gold, as it may not be in that ornament design.

Think twice and consider all pros and cons, Advocate can guide your more than members in the forum, and he is available locally . Contact that advocate that enjoys working relations with Police and is having some sincerity.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android