Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

1. Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

I have raised RTI on 20/06/2017 but there was no repsonse till 4th aug.Tried to reach out to concern person on phone twice/thrice,he was not available.mailed him once,no respose recieved.So on 4th aug i have raised first appeal and after that concern person updated my RTI request with details as "The Information you are seeking is available with director, technical education as an implementing authority. So your request has been forwarded to DTE vide letter no. मा……-2017/प्र.•्र.5/ता‚शि-1, Dated :04 August, 2017. Please contact DTE, Mumbai for further information." but i got mail that present for first appeal on 22nd aug 2017.

status of first appeal is showing as -
    COMMENTS SOUGHT FROM SPIO /एसप€†य“•ड‚न Ÿिप्पण€ मा—वल€ as on 07/08/2017

question1: Do i really need to be present personally for this hearing?

Question2: No response on this after 45days ,so I have raised appeal with below comment:-
    I have tried him on his number for 2-3 times,he was not available and after that sent him an email..still no respond from his end.

share some input on this.

2. Re: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

Please forget about this calls and reminders business in RTI.
    The Act prescribed certain time frame, which has to be implemented in letter and spirit by Public Authority.
    In your case , I find the following violation.
    1.The First PIO failed in his obligation to endorse that application to concerned second PIO within time frame of 5 days under intimation to applicant. Transferring RTI Application dt.20-6-2017, on 4th Aug,2017 is a serious violation. Now he is under obligation to collect that information himself from second PIO and provide it to you as per earlier CIC decision in such cases.

2. The presumption is that you have filed first appeal before first PIO FAA and as the application was already endorsed, it is a futile exercise. There is no clarity on hearing date. When there is nothing to be decided by FAA as the application was endorsed to second PIO, you have to wait for PIO response upto 5th Sept, 2017 and then decide on further appeal. If you happen to receive second PIO response, and not satisfied with the information provided, you can prefer First Appeal to the concerned FAA of second PIO, whose address must be informed to you by second PIO in his information.

Under these circumstances, you can file complaint against first PIO for endorsing it belated and there was inordinate delay.
    I could not understand the following sentence as the date which you have informed is a future date:
    u got mail that present for first appeal on 22nd aug 2017.

Applicant need not send any reminders or calls and may file first appeal in case of no response from PIO with following grounds.

Grounds for Appeal: PIO has neither provided information nor denied information to RTI Application dt.....within 30 days as prescribed under RTI Act, hence treating the information as "deemed denial" this first appeal.
    PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing the information free of cost as expeditiously as possible.

3. Re: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

Quote Originally Posted by G.L.N. Prasad View Post
    Please forget about this calls and reminders business in RTI.
    The Act prescribed certain time frame, which has to be implemented in letter and spirit by Public Authority.
    In your case , I find the following violation.
    1.The First PIO failed in his obligation to endorse that application to concerned second PIO within time frame of 5 days under intimation to applicant. Transferring RTI Application dt.20-6-2017, on 4th Aug,2017 is a serious violation. Now he is under obligation to collect that information himself from second PIO and provide it to you as per earlier CIC decision in such cases.

2. The presumption is that you have filed first appeal before first PIO FAA and as the application was already endorsed, it is a futile exercise. There is no clarity on hearing date. When there is nothing to be decided by FAA as the application was endorsed to second PIO, you have to wait for PIO response upto 5th Sept, 2017 and then decide on further appeal. If you happen to receive second PIO response, and not satisfied with the information provided, you can prefer First Appeal to the concerned FAA of second PIO, whose address must be informed to you by second PIO in his information.

Under these circumstances, you can file complaint against first PIO for endorsing it belated and there was inordinate delay.
    I could not understand the following sentence as the date which you have informed is a future date:
    u got mail that present for first appeal on 22nd aug 2017.

Applicant need not send any reminders or calls and may file first appeal in case of no response from PIO with following grounds.

Grounds for Appeal: PIO has neither provided information nor denied information to RTI Application dt.....within 30 days as prescribed under RTI Act, hence treating the information as "deemed denial" this first appeal.
    PRAYER: Appellant prays for directions to PIO for providing the information free of cost as expeditiously as possible.
    Thanks a lot for information.

" but i got mail stated that "You are requested to come for hearing on date 22nd aug 2017 and time 3.30PM and location-Mantralaya Mumbai"-As I am staying in different city,Just want to know do i really need to be present there? what if I cannot make it? and when I raised first appeal then only authority move forward and send letter to concern dept.

4. Re: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

Called for  first appeal/Few queries on my RTI-request-jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Called for  first appeal/Few queries on my RTI-appealstatus-jpghelp me to understand what these status means?

5. Re: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

Attending hearing is not mandatory, applicant can opt either attending or abstaining by posting a polite excuse with such written submissions.
    In your case, you are expecting any information from first PIO and it is presumed that you have received such hearing notice from First FAA.
    As he is nothing to do with your application, and when information can not be provided through his orders, I personally feel that attending hearing serves no purpose.
    Write a polite letter excusing yourself from attending personal hearing due to personal earlier commitments and ask FAA to take decision on material facts appearing on record.
    Write with bold and underlining with large fonts about the violation of first PIO in not endorsing the application to second PIO and for inordinate delay of more than one month, and seek directions to that first PIO, to obtain such information through second PIO and to provide that to applicant, as the delay was due to his negligence.

Re: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

There is no provision of hearing by FAA. DON'T worry if you can't go there. FAA has to provide reply to you. He will send it by post or mail after hearing process.

Sent from my SM-G550FY using RTI INDIA mobile app

7. Re: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

Attending a first appeal hearing proceedings is not mandatory for a RTI appellant, however on the other hand it is mandatory for a PIO to attend the same.

Nevertheless, it is important for a RTI appellant to inform the First Appellate Authority (FAA).

Kindly write a letter to the FAA and inform him as follows:

To,
    The Hon'ble First Appellate Authority,
    Address.

Dear Sir,

Subject: First Appeal hearing proceedings scheduled as on XXXXXX

Ref: Hearing Notice Dated: XXXXXXX

Thank you for providing a hearing opportunity as on Date: XXXXX

I would like to hereby inform you that, I would not be able to attend the hearing proceeding, and therefore kindly request you to decide the first appeal on the basis of merits of the case.

Enclosed herewith: First Appeal hearing notice Dated: XXXXXX.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

Sd/-

XXXXXXX
    (RTI Appellant).
    "If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant trees; if in terms of 100 years, teach the people." -- Confucius

8. Re: Called for first appeal/Few queries on my RTI

Sunil Saab,
    Is the following really required, or should appellant enclose his submissions for hearing ?
    Enclosed herewith: First Appeal hearing notice Dated: XXXXXX.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android